Help with DVD2SVCD/Avi to DVD

Hi there... ive been trying (unsuccessfully for the last couple of days) to use DVD2SVCD to encode my Divx of "Office Space" to a DVD.

Ive been using the tutorial and have done everything as said but as soon as it gets to the CCE Encoding bit the program freezes up and no matter how long i leave it, it never resumes. Ive also tried using QuEnC, but to no such luck... so i used CCE again but this problem persists.

Im not too sure if its in my hardware or something ive done wrong... please try and shed some light on this and give me some suggestions or an alternative method.

Im running an...
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
256 2100 DDR Ram
80 Gig HD
Windows XP Pro

Thanks

Michael

I'd suggest there is a problem with your AVI. Check it with DivFix and DivXRepair. Can you also report what GSPOT says abouts the avi's Video & Audio.

I used DivFix but nothing came about, but with DivxRepair it found 1 error... im just wondering how i find out what it is, and how i fix it?

thanks

BestNzWrestler said:
Sorry meant it the other way round, DivFix found an error, not DivxRepair.
Load the AVI into DivFix, hit the Strip Index button, the tick Keep Original Fine box, and finally hit the ReBuild Index. It will rebiuld the index & fix the error it found and save to a new file.