help::(stop error)

ok here's one for some of you guys

when I try installing XP now I get Astop error?
No. I have'nt installed anything new.

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

stop:0x000000d1(0x0007d240,0x000000ff,0x00000001,0x0000f800)

ok does anyone know what this means? Microshit does'nt as far as I can tell.

driver prob

thank woody

but as I said they don't have my error in there data base, so I'm still f***ed

hell I have now taken everything out Ie(video card, sound card)unhooked all removeable drives, even tried moving the ram into diff. slot( IT REALLY DID'NT LIKE THAT) just got a diff. stop error.

so I'm still relying on maybe someone that has a prob. like this or just maybe God to come down & "strike me dead" so I don't have to deal with it anymore.LOL

And to beat all I'm can get or Have Win ME running on it right now. Just can't seem to load XP(witch it has before)

Like newby said
I had the same problems, and i found it's about ram-timing
Go to your bios, set the default or even save settings, and then you can tweak your bios step by step

crater my advice is to dump ME and install 98SE then install XP over 98se ya ya I know all about a clean install but this works if you need win 98se I've got it. PM me for account or I'll do like last time

thanks for the help guys, but I think I'm having a prob. with the mb, I tested Ram on different machine and it tested good, so the only thing left would be the video card or mb, & I'm guessing that it is the mb.

the really weird thing is that XP finally loaded and is running fine so far,so I think that if it goes down again I'll just have to break down and buy new mb.

thanks again

crater

Well glad to hear that your pc is runnin on XP now.
And you still could not locate the problem :confused: ..anyway good luck.;)

running

yea RAS, it's running on XP for now, maybe not in a few days though. I never did find the prob.

The dam error report keeps telling me it's a driver. but even after updateing drivers, it still did it

the big problem of the micrsoft error messages is that they tell you almost nothing about what is really happening
the error can tell you that it's a driver but it can be almost anything of the damn windows

i had 17 similar pcs after one weekend almost all got the same bluescreen every boot, some few days later, but we didn't change anything with them, they've been running for many weeks/month.
the error was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
all pcs were protected with hdd sherrif a pci card that restores the previous state when booting so changing anything on the hd is impossible, every boot the same windows.
then we noticed that during that weekend there was the change from daylight saving time to normal time, i don't know what the error message has to do with that but it's the only explanation.
after booting one time in nonprotected mode everything worked fine again
crazy windows ...

the only way to find out the cause of your bluescreen is (because windows isn't open source :( ), to create a complete memory dump and then debug this with the debugging tools and symbols, there are a few sites on the net that can explain how to do but you should know a bit about assembler and how the memory, drivers, ... are managed in windows.
all these tools are available at the microsoft page.

and i don't think it is a motherboard issue... i got a bluescreen everytime when i tried to install of win2k and i removed all components except video card too, resetting to bios default solved the problem. but i don't remember what the errormessage was.

FortiTude

Last edited:
ram,ram,ram

thank foritude for the info

However it's alive now.

I finnaly found out what was wrong: IT WAS THE RAM!!

yes after talking to a pretty reputable tech person and finding out that Ram testers don't always work as good as there claimed to, I bought a $35 (us) stick of ram, installed it and WHAM, as good as new.
Then just to test this out I reinstalled the old ram, and it went back to not working, so as far as I can tell is was the ram.

Maybe I would'nt have had such headaches if I was'nt such a tight ass, and just went out and bought new ram from the get go.LOL

well I must say thanks to all that relied your knowledge was very helpful.
And another page turned in the trials and tribulations of crater.
Thanks Again
Crater