Help please with mp3 burning

Hi

I have ripped the audio from a live dvd i have but when i burn it to cd using nero i get a slight pause inbetween tracks. I have ticked the no pause between tracks option and i have even tried cross fading with previous track by 1 frame but i still get the delay.
I find it quite annoying and it spoils the atmosphere of the gig, especially as i was at this gig.
Can anyone advise what settings i should use?

Cheers

Cobbler

It seems that you are trying to burn a data (MP3) CD, and not an audioCD. Crossfading etc are applicable for audioCD's, only.
You should edit the MP3 files and delete the leading and trailing silence which are often present. Most audio editors do the job, but the MP3 quality will be slightly degraded (decoding for editing and then re-encoding). You can use MP3DirectCut which can do the same but without decoding, so the initial quality will stay intact. It ain't the most user friendly program around, but still quite manageable.
At your computer there are many ways to avoid pauses between the MP3's, but a standalone is a different story- at some you will ALWAYS have a small pause between them, which is sort-of-expected for cheap devices.

In individual MP3 tracks, the damage is already done - the latency in the compression format means that there WILL be a discontinuity (there are some gapless kludges, but they ARE kludges that encode the join across the two files)

I'm assuming that you are actually making an audio CD, from the MP3 tracks (from the crossfade and no pause options) - if you can't re-rip, you'll have to cover it by increasing the crossfade - I forget how much I needed to "fuzz out" a join.

What did you rip with, and does it have any other options - preferably one that extracts a single audio file and track cuesheet - or if the track accuracy is not crucial, a single file for the lot, and re-insert track breaks at appropriate times yourself.

Hi

I ripped it with #1 Audio Ripper but it ripped it as individual tracks. I'll see if I can rip it as 1 continuous track then.

Cheers

Cobbler

OK I re-ripped it today but converted to .wav instead and they join perfect but it is a little on the quiet side so i will do it again today but increase the volume.
Also, when i burn't it to disc i set the crossfade with previous track to 2 frames.

Cheers

Cobbler