Help please! Lost audio when I burnt the DVD?

SeanandCharlee

All,

Any help would be appreciated thanks. I recently bought a DVD burner for the PC (Sony DRU-510AK, it does DVD+R and -R). I have burnt a few movies using DVD Shrink 3.1. They work fine on my computer (to playback), but when I try to play them on my DVD player, the audio drops out. I still get the music, but none of the speaking or sound effects.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Sean

DVD Shrink (and all the other transcoders) does NOT touch the audio in any way. It sounds like your DVD Player is playing the rear channels only of a 5.1 ch audio. Suggest you have a look at how your DVD Player is linked to your TV or HiFi unit.

SeanandCharlee

Sorry, I should have added that my original DVD's (non-burnt ones) work fine, the surround sound and all the audio works ok. I have only burnt so far on some DVD-R disks, and they were cheap ones, so not sure if that could be a factor.

Thanks again,

Sean

Cheap media is rarely a good choice, it tends to cost you way more in the long run. I use Ritek 4x and most here will also say they are the best or one of the best.

SeanandCharlee

Problem solved!

Thanks for the help guys. In fact, it was the DVD player (a cheap one bought a few years back). We traded it in and the copies work fine on the new player.

By the way, great site, wandering round trying to solve my problem led me to a lot of interesting things.

Cheers,

Sean