Help PLEASE Joining Movies

I have downloaded a movie in 2 parts CD1 & CD2.I have extracted the SVCD movie file using iso-buster and filtered only the MPEG2 frames.When I play both the seperate parts of the Movie they play fine and everything is in sync.

My problem is that when I join the movies together the second part of the movie the audio is out of sync with the video,you see the picture and here the people talking but the audio is advanced and the video is behind. :mad:

Can anyone PLEASE HELP me fix this,I have no idea what to even try. :confused:

Thanks In Advance to all who reply.

Also if you need more details please ask.

rebootjim

What are you using to join them?
You should be able to join them in your authoring program.
If not, I suggest Womble. Others may have other suggestions.

Rebootjim and C_D I used TMPGEnc to join the 2 parts of the movie,I also have womble,but can either of you explain how to use it??.

I also use TMPGEnc DVD Author to get the mpeg files ready to burn to DVD,any advice on how to join them in the above program would be good Thanks.

celtic_druid said:
Just add them as a single title.
Being a noob C_D I don't understand what you mean by adding them as a single title,could you explain it a little better PLEASE. And into which Program also.Thanks

So C_D I should encode the mpeg files seperately in TMPGEnc and then in TMPGEnc DVD Author create a new project and click Add file and add the first part of the movie and then click on add file once again and add the second part of the movie and then continue as I normally would to Author the DVD movie that Im Making and then burn to DVD.???

If this is correct can you let me know and I will have ago and let you know how I go.

Also THANKS for the info.

rebootjim

Exactly :)
TMPGEnc DVD Author will link them together, and they will play back as if they were one movie.
Actually joining them together isn't necessary, unless you have another reason.
I find that any editing/filterning/joining I do is usually done in virtualdub, before encoding. It's much easier to mess with avi's, than mpeg's.

rebootjim said:
Exactly :)
TMPGEnc DVD Author will link them together, and they will play back as if they were one movie.
Actually joining them together isn't necessary, unless you have another reason.
I find that any editing/filterning/joining I do is usually done in virtualdub, before encoding. It's much easier to mess with avi's, than mpeg's.
Rebootjim when you say that you use virtualdub,do you first encode the SCVD mpeg to a avi file then use virtualdub to join/filter etc and then encode with TMPGnc.
If I'm off the track can you explain it a bit better to me please.Thanks

celtic_druid said:
Or do the editing/filtering/joining with AVISynth on the fly as you encode.
C_D how do you use AVISynth with TMPGEnc and do it on the Fly as per your reply or do you use different programs,if you do can you advise me to which ones I should be using PLEASE.

rebootjim

If necessary I encode to avi, with no compression, edit, then re-encode to mpeg svcd.
In your case, I wouldn't attempt it.
You can try Womble mpeg editor to join your movies, or just do it in your authoring program.

Back to the original problem, out of sync audio on the second movie.
Check the source, make sure it is in sync. If it is, then why join?
Just link the first to the second in your authoring program, with no need to join them together at all.
If you insist on joining them, you might extract the audio, add some "dead air" at the beginning of the second part, then remux in tmpgenc, then encode.
It's a lot of extra steps, when you do NOT need to join them together first.

I think avisynth may be just a bit over your head at this point, although it is an excellent way to do what you want, it's a steep learning curve.

Just load the two movies into tmpgenc dvd author, one after the other, and then add your menus and chapters and burn. You're making this more complicated than it need be.

Create script, load script, encode script.

Although to do the above you would probably run the mpg's through DVD2AVI and you could just add both, this would create a single d2v and mpa stream which you could just load straight into TMPGEnc if you don't want to do any editing, resizing, filtering, etc.

C_D & rebootjim thankyou both for your HELP,I now have a movie on DVD and the video and Audio is in sync,I wouldn't have been able to do it without your HELP :) ,THANKYOU both very much. :)