Help. Oh help.

Lailarenna

I'm trying to set my pc up alongside my cousins' with a 2-Port KVM switch. So far everything's going alright, except for one big problem. This switch works with a hotkey sequence to switch between computers. I don't know what the hotkey is. My uncle brought home the cable with no manual and I can't find the info online (the one manual I've found I can't seem to read in Acrobat and I can't get Acrobat to update so it can read it).

This is what I'm using:http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=262915

Any help at all would be appreciated.

*EDIT*

Okay, so, I've gotten the hotkey sequence I need, Scroll Lock x2 and then 1 or 2 to chose which port to switch to. It's not working, though. According to the manual I'm supposed to hear a beep after I've hit scroll lock twice, but I'm not getting that either. I'm going to try and track down another keyboard and try it just in case the key is faulty, but still, suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Use KVM myself <> have U got a keyboard button for the mode of your function keys <> mine has to be on "Enhanced Key Mode" for the same key operation (Scroll lk x 2<> then 1 or 2)

I have Logitech wireless keyboard & the button is marked

mode
f

Lailarenna

My uncle finally got it sorted, I don't know what the problem was exactly, but he shut both PCs off and tried a variation of the hotkey and it worked fine. Later on I tried the original hotkey and it was suddenly working okay, so I guess they were just being stubborn. *shrugs*