Help Needed

Can anybody Help, i am running Windows XP Pro, for no apparent reason my puter has stared reseting itself at random times, there is no regularity to these resets and are not related to using any one software.
i have used trojan remover, windows power tweak, registry firewall and the obvious virus scanners, they all report that my system is ok
so why does it keep switching off :confused:

Hi stimpleton:)

Does it just keep rebootuin 4 no real reason & no warning??

If so do U have a Nvidia graphics card??

My pal had the same prob, turun's out it was the nvidia drivers that were screwin up XP pro, U could try updatin the cards drivers

Or have U installed any new hardware or any other drivers??

BaNzI:D

Master

Gold Member
That could be a difficult problem.

It can be a hardware or a software problem.

Have you checked all the connectors of your pc ?
(powersupply,hd,fans..and and and. )

Is the temperature of your pc okay ?

go to system properties > advanced >startup and recovery and un check automatic reset

that will give you a blue screen with what happend

Banzi said

Does it just keep rebootuin 4 no real reason & no warning?? (yes)

If so do U have a Nvidia graphics card?? (yes)

My pal had the same prob, turn's out it was the nvidia drivers that were screwin up XP pro, U could try updatin the cards drivers

Or have U installed any new hardware or any other drivers?? ( no)

you have it on the head, i do have a Nvidia graphics card, now you mention it windows update did update the driver and now i have this problem, i have tried to roll back the driver but it hasnt fixed the problem, maybe i will get a new graphics card which are cheap and i dont do games so it shouldnt be a problem

to answer other questions
Its a MSI MBO with Raid, AMD XP 2100+ CPU, 512 PC2100 SDRAM

thanks again guys for your help

Last edited:
Hey stimpleton:)

Just download a nvidia driver remover tool, there are a few about, it should be enough 2 get a default driver in till U can get the ones that worked ok:)

Im on 98se & still use nv driver version 30.82 cause it faster & more stable than later ones imo

Should save U havin 2 get a new card:)

BaNzI:D