Help Needed For Making Dvd-r

grant_c2003

hi all just joined and im new to all this.

iI have a divx film on my hard drive and im having trouble putting it on a dvd-r.
i have the following programs:
tmpgenc
tmpge dvd author
nero
ulead dvd movie factory 2
super dvd creator.

i can encode the film to mpeg but from then on im stuck.
I did make a avi compatible to ulead dvd factory, i made a menu then when i tried to burn it was to big it was 5.1gb.Also if i try and load the avi or divx into tmpgenc i get a error saying the file is unsupported.
What can i do?

If you've encoded the film to MPEG (I assume MPEG2 with FPS=25 and appropriate dimensions), then it should be a simple matter of authoring a new disc from within TMPGEnc DVD Author and selecting that MPEG file.

Where are you getting stuck?

OK
it could be that the original file is already to big for a single DVD,
suggestion would be to burn to a folder using either movir factory or dvd author
then you need to check file size, if its still to large to fit onto a single DVD you will need to compress the files using either
dvdshrink or DVD2one (dvd shrink is free)
once compressed to fit onto a single dvd burn using nero
I am sure there are enough tutorials on this site to explain how to do this without repeating them
Good luck

grant_c2003

hi aybesea

the place im gettting stuck is when i use tmpge dvd author, the film fits perfectly on but when i got to begin output i get a error, something about the total size of the video and audie joined together is to much for a dvd.
what can i do?

Just ignore that error, its just a TMPGEnc DVD Author glitch. Or in DVD2SVCD's Encoder/Advanced box, untick the DVD Compliant box.