HD freezing

Hope spmeone could give me a liitle help with this:

I just got a new HD seagate ST3160827AS and installed it in the promise controller of my asus p4c800-deluxe, now the disk seems to work fine but every time that I acces the disk it freezes 4 or 5 seconds and then works fine for a while and then repeats again the same, I installed the disk in the chipset sata controller and it works perfect but I need it in the promise controller because I want to pair it with another seagate ST3160023AS in raid 0 mode, BTW the other disk works perfectly in the promise.

Any ideas? already tried searching for latest drivers but the ones listed in the asus site doesn´t seem to solve anything.

Did you bought both disks at the same time or are they different in firmware e.g.?
also try different promise driver releases;

Greetings from
Duracell

edit: now i saw you tried to find drivers at ASUS; have a look at Promise's homepage for their generic driver package;

Bought first the ST3160023AS, I searched for the specs of both drives and only difference seems to be that the ST3160827AS has NCQ wich is not supported yet by the promise controller but neither the chipset controller has support for it , anyway if that were the problem is it possible to disble NCQ?

And yes I have tried with all driver versions found in asus site.

Thanks for your reply

There has been some reports of ncq seagate drives and ich5 related problems, but i havent seen any on the 20378 cip.
Usually if ncq isnt supported by the chipset it shouldt pose a problem.
It would simply be off.
If however there is native support but not software(bios) support yet, its not unthinkable that this could be the case.
:)