Guide on DVDLab thank you.

rebootjim

My pleasure. :cool:
Too bad there wasn't a place for me to post the whole thing here. It's just a bit longer than the allowable room I think. :confused:
If you'd like it directly posted here, I can do that.
Let me know :)
Feedback is also welcome.

rebootjim said:
My pleasure. :cool:
Too bad there wasn't a place for me to post the whole thing here. It's just a bit longer than the allowable room I think. :confused:
If you'd like it directly posted here, I can do that.
Let me know :)
Feedback is also welcome.
You have a PM :)

rebootjim

OK. I'll give it a shot.
Hopefully I can get all the attachments included.
It's going to look stupid if I can't get it complete.
Yup, it looks stupid.
I got stuck on the "max 5 attachments" bit, so decided not to post.
If you have a different way of getting all the attachments up, let me know.

Last edited:

Laz

rebootjim said:
OK. I'll give it a shot.
Hopefully I can get all the attachments included.
It's going to look stupid if I can't get it complete.
Yup, it looks stupid.
I got stuck on the "max 5 attachments" bit, so decided not to post.
If you have a different way of getting all the attachments up, let me know.
OK, firstly don't attach the images. They need to be hosted on say your free isp webspace (I usually just open up a FREE Lycos a/c for this) and then you just use the [*img] [*/img] tags to point to them.

Start it in a seperate thread and we can then move it for you to the tutorials section.

HTH :)

Laz

rebootjim said:
Gonna make me work huh? Relinking all the images ;)
OK, I'll get on it later, then post.
Sorry bud, only way of doing it. :)

Appreciate all your work on this and the guide looks great btw. ;)

rebootjim

Only one problem. The link doesn't work: http://dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=38843
Where did it go...where did it go?

Edit: Two problems. The images don't show up because @^%&&*&^ Angelfire doesn't allow outside linking. I'm going to have to redo it, with links to different web space.

Edit again: Uploaded images to my OWN webspace, fixed links in tutorial, reposted.

Last edited:
the links here rebootjim http://dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=38846 there was a messup with some moving and juggling the thread about to the right areas now its fine the images all display here !?

edit here too lol i noted you fixed the image links and edited to point that out ;)

thanks for a great guide :)

my additional to this would be for you to add a little note that the guide will work great with SVCDS that have had the mpeg2 and that extracted mpegs from vcds tend to be a pain or not work at all when used in DVDLAB

SVCD mpeg2 created DVDS are good but will not play in DVD players that do not normally play SVCDS as standard :(

they need converting in TMPGENC or other to a compatible DVD format (thanks poacher for that tip :) ) before compilation in DVD LAB :)

that usually applies also to mpegs from VCD'S :)

also anyone using the guide take NOTE of the guide dotted lines for the menu /backdrop creation use the guides and stick within them otherwise there will be problems with any buttons etc outside them being inaccessible or out of viewing area so hard to work out :(

Other than this its a great guide rebootjim congrats :)

..now i just need to read it all and learn how to do motion menu's as i had been doing with MOVIE FACTORY 3 before i found DVD LAB :)

rebootjim

Actually already in the works is a guide for multiple (S)VCD on dvdr. Also using DVDLab :D
I just thought it would be too much for an all-in-one thing, considering it's supposed to be for beginners. ;)
Also in the works maybe, is a mixed-mode dvd, with a dvd, and an svcd on the same dvdr, also using DVDLab.
(I sure love this software! Can you tell?) lol :eek:

I do mention the "TV Safe zone" already, "There are two sets of dotted lines. The inner set is called the TV safe zone. Anything that must show on the screen must be placed inside this line. Anything outside this line may not be viewable on your TV."

Once the guide has been viewed, the images stay in the browser cache, and appear to be ok, but I've had trouble like this before, so I emptied the cache, and reloaded the page, grrrr, nice little images all saying "Angelfire.com Image". All redone now, so if all previous versions could be overwritten with the newest please, that will guarantee my images work.

Last edited:
yeah noted the comment about the TV safe zone lol reason i added was i was referring to a personal experience lol i made one with a great backdrop and the buttons were just out of sight doh :)

ive made a couple of 2 disk films with DVD LAB using a single image split down the center with two images side by side and it came out great but there is no reason not to have one page link to a second page with a different menu as its pretty simple just have to remember to have ALL links pointing to the relevant places so check they are using the flowcharts :)

rebootjim

I've used the split-screen idea as well. Default to movie 1, scenes menu 1, after 60 seconds, then defaults to start movie1 after another 60 sec.
DVDLab links everything nicely, no need to check the connections screen.
Manually add the links from the scenes1 menus of each movie back to the movie choices menu.
Sometimes I link the movie end back to it's chapters menu, instead of the movie choices menu, but that depends on content.
I love to toss in cartoons at the beginning, just like they used to do in theaters. My kids love it, and there's plenty of free "LooneyToons" from the 40's and 50's on the net.
I used Ulead 2, Ulead 3, NeroVision Express, Sonic, TMPGEnc dvd Author, and even a couple of others not in English. Each one had either limitations I didn't like, or were just plain "PlaySkool" apps...you know the type :D
Sure, DVDLab does have a learning curve, but if an old techead like me can figure it out in a week, then it can't be that difficult.
Thanks for the kind comments, and I suppose if just one person can use it and not make a coaster, then I did something right. :cool:

lol the loony-tunes are still copywrite of warner bros bud so be careful ;) they just released a dvd box set of all of the best of them thats why they are kicking about :)