Graphic Cards

chaoz

I currently have an AGP graphic card on my computer does that mean that I have to buy another AGP graphic card? Does anyone know any graphic cards that have atleast 50MB and can come at a cheap price?

Most of today's cards have 128 MB ram at least.....If you're after a real cheapo,maybe you're still able to find a GForce4 MX 4000 with 64 MB,around 35-40$
If you can't find any older cards in your neighbourhood,you can go for a Nvidia FX5200 with 128MbDDR,AGP8X ,around 60-65$ or a ATI 9250TD with 128MbDDR - AGP8X for around 55-60$.....
The limitations of these cards is that you can hardly play any recent game on your computer,but for normal tasks,they are enough...

If you already have an AGP card and it's not broken, a cheap upgrade may not do much more for you.

If it's an older motherboard that only supports AGP 2x at 3.3v, then you may experience compatibility problems with some mor recent cards - thouigh the cheaper ones should be fully universal.

One other thing, if the system says you have AGP, it could be an onboard with no real slot.

Have a dig around with Everest - http://lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en and tell us what motherboard / motherboard chipset and graphics you have.

i say its swings and roundabouts theres good points and bad points about most graphics cards ... at the end of the day its all about what sort of budget you have to throw at them :)

find a couple you like at your price range and google or ask here about what thoughts and views are on them :)

and the other other factor is do you want a card that you have to update next week or in a years time ?!

also what are you going to use it for (intense gaming or graphics work such as hi resolution graphics packages) or just surf the net :)

chaoz

I'm just looking for a graphic card for gaming. I just bought NBA Live 2005 and my graphic card cannot play it on high resolution. Even on low it's a little laggy.

Personally I'm very happy with my ultra cheapo Nvidia FX 5200/128MB video card, but I'm not really into games- just occasionally.

I'm verry happy with Geforce4 Ti 4200 (128 MB DDR). Which I play the latest games on without a problem. :D

ok just to add to the list

I have a nice RADEON 9600 PRO 256MB 400/400 8x agp card in here and its more than enough for what i need it for but plenty of room to play about with for now :)

yep cheap but does me great :)

not really my last card that i had for about 4 years almost was just 32mb :) i still have it as a spare ......i needed more power for graphics work :) ........ although 48mb seems a pretty odd number for a graphics card !? ... as they tend to go up pretty much even and double the last one !? ....4,8,16,32,64,128,256 mb !?

I was thinking the same thing roadworker ;) . If its only a RAM issue, I think you can assign more system RAM to the video through the BIOS.

Some motherboards with onboard video do not have AGP slots. If you system documentation doesn't mention an AGP slot, you probably don't have one. If your not sure, you will have to open the case and look. If your still not sure what one looks like, take a picture and post it. Someone here will be able to tell you if you have one.

Just before the holidays, I picked up a Chaintech FX5200 with 128Mb ram from TigerDirect for $20 after rebates ($60 before rebates). I was upgrading my GeForce 3 Ti 200. Keep an eye out for deals.

Well Friends..!

I Had A Aepon (I Think That How Its Spelt).. LOL.. 128MB 8x AGP..!
It Was A Decent Card, Then I Finally Upgraded To The Beast Of A Card.!
THE ATI RADEON X800 XT (Spectacular Card). With Outstanding Performance..!

Love It All The Way..! :) :) :)

mojo8850 said:
Well Friends..!

I Had A Aepon (I Think That How Its Spelt).. LOL.. 128MB 8x AGP..!
It Was A Decent Card, Then I Finally Upgraded To The Beast Of A Card.!
THE ATI RADEON X800 XT (Spectacular Card). With Outstanding Performance..!

Love It All The Way..! :) :) :)

Congrats with that card.....A beast,for shure!
I would love to have one too,but a year ago, my budget only allowed me a FX 5900 XT....wich isn't bad,but pretty mainstream..

I was going to go for a 6800gt but ended up going for a 6600gt so i could afford to upgrade my mobo to an Asus A8V Deluxe with 1gb dual channel ddr400 ram and an amd 64/3000+ cpu....

I have the 6600 GT as well but Im getting a pci express mobo soon so I can really play with the new cards that are coming out ;)

scarecrow said:
Personally I'm very happy with my ultra cheapo Nvidia FX 5200/128MB video card, but I'm not really into games- just occasionally.
funny I just bought one for display etc I too dont play games & it is an excellent card!!!

You Know The Worst Part Of Me Buying The X800 XT Was..

After About 3 Weeks Later They Are Planning On Launching X850 Now.. I Was Really Annoyed With That Besides That Performance Is OUTSTANDING..! :)