Gordian Knot?

Anyone used this? Open source..Looks good -it incorporates "BeSweet","ChapterXtractor","DVD2AVIdg","DVDDecryptor","VirtualDubMod","NanDub","Vstrip","AC3enc","MP2enc",and "Avisynth" and a few others..together in one handy to use free package....Here:

http://gordianknot.sourceforge.net

Last edited:
been using b4...imo just an interface 2 all these progs 2 facilitate ur job
mostly used 4 ripping & compressing ur movies ;)

@serjer-How did you find it? Looks OK for the novices amongst us.Gives `em a chance to see the differences between the progs and see what works for them..Then maybe they`ll then start using them on their own.... :)

I still have a version of it somewhere from when it was nothing more than a bitrate calculator. Haven't used for a fair while now though.

Novices probably should check out GordianKnotFast4U instead. Less control, but easier to use.

celtic_druid said:
I still have a version of it somewhere from when it was nothing more than a bitrate calculator. Haven't used for a fair while now though.

Novices probably should check out GordianKnotFast4U instead. Less control, but easier to use.
Good idea- but GKFast4U doesn`t include the excellent DVDDecryptor in the package like earlier versions of GK,but I suppose you could add it yourself afterwards...(Could a novice do this though....?)

@ first i find it somewat difficult ,some other friends found this 2 ,but now,a good & easy app to link all these good apps 2 make u an .avi file..,simplifying ur life
if u want something similar 4 making .ogm files,get DvdToOgm ;)

serjer said:
a good & easy app to link all these good apps 2 make u an .avi file..,simplfying yr life
I couldn`t agree more m8,but be careful with GKFast4U-it`s still only in beta.I tried to "shrink" too much with maximum compression and it locked the whole system up..! :) Could be my own fault though-a 4.8 gig DVD down to a 128MB divx/xvid might be a bridge too far.... :)

thx 4 advice ;) haven't had a try with GKFast4U yet,& i'm more with making .ogms & been quite some time now since i've made some video compression ;)