fully unattended setup with WinXP

need some help here folks....!

i have read and re-read all the walkthrus for doing a fully unattended setup for WinXP. Have ran SETUP MANAGER (and made sure that the setup was going to be from a CD install) and did the WINNT.SIF file and saved it to floppy along with the BAT.SIF

i have tried doing a re-install and a fresh install (to a clean HDD) with CD-Drive as 1st boot, floppy as 2nd boot, etc,etc.

but for some reason i still have to manually enter all my details that i have saved to the floppy...This is really making me rip my hair out here... i have WinXP Pro OEM and not the corp edition... does this make any diff to the unattended install????

many thanx in advance for any replies....:confused:

That's because there shouldn't be a file called bat.sif... only winnt.sif. I believe you are mistakingly referring to unattend.bat.

Cheers.

unattended

if u r saving the completed unattended setup from floppy u need the WINNT.BAT as well as the WINNT.SIF saved to the floppy disk... i have saved the unattended setup info into the i386 root folder and then deleted the winnt.bat as this is not needed for use on the CD.
i have also completed the slipstreaming of SP1 into the cd and used Nero to burn it back as a boot disk.. all works fine.
i even went one step further and did the win2000+sp3 as an unattended install, as well as Windows 98..
took a bit of time to suss it all out, but all installs are working fine..

many thanx for the replies folks... and "Merry Xmas" to all Mods and users of this fine forum..