ftp uploading

I have my website and forum installed, everything looks great.

I want to allow users to upload files to my ftp site.

How is this done?
How do I allow access to upload files?
How do I keep my site safe from everyone..passwords etc?

Ok..

What is the address for your website, and which forum you have used to install, I mean which php program...

Regards

it could be something to do with setting permissions for that folder in your cpanel...0777 (i think)

i have never needed anything like cuteftp...found it easier to upload via the cpanel...very easy and no program to learn.

i just need to know how to let someone else upload to my ftp.

Last edited:
Ok I have been in to my cpanel and then in to file manager... click on the public_ftp directory.. change permissions.. but what do I change them to...

Im using the cpanel x on thier server..

Try clicking on all boxes so that it reads 0777. I'm going to go to the TotalChoice (my host) forums for more help on this.

Thats the same file manager ive got...

Im trying to upload my files to my webspace.. where should I upload them to I mean which folder..

I found browsers to have a major problems with uploading-downloading files from a ftp server....
In case of a regular thingies,for windows i would recommend bulkletproff ftp server and smartftp and flashfxp for clients..Both clients will work as a time unlimited demo with a nagger.

webpages go to public html
files for sharing can go into the public ftp folder.

Last edited:
Im having difficulties....

I have bought a domian address..
Edited reason:- your URL links to a page that contains a link to a WAREZ comming soon page :mad: be aware that any promotion of this site /ftp here may result in a ban please be careful what you post in future mojo8850 thanks! >>>VIPER_1069 <<<< :)

please read the forum rules here thanks >

http://cdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=58

When someone types that in the web address bar it brings the ftp look a like screnn... Also its it need files to be uploaded to the public_html folder...

I have created a folder inside public_html called mojo-electronics.. and what I want it to do is to be linked in that folder......

Please Help... :(