Free Ringtones?

ps2king

Hi does anybody know where I can download ringtones for FREE? I have a Nokia 3595 cell phone. Anybody have ANY idea?

Maybe you can tell me what FREE RING TONES DOWNLOADS from Nextel means? :confused: Well when I see the word free I think it means it doesn't cost any money, well when I go to the link for FREE RING TONE DOWNLOADS I see it cost $1.99 each. So I call those idiots and they tell me well they cost $1.99 each and they don't know why it says free on the web site, so can you tell me what the word free means? :confused:

yeah the data lead specific to it and look for midi tones and use those midi are usually free there are poly tones out there for free just google for them :)

other ways of gettin free tones are the type in type look for "free composer ringtones" no quotes :)

as far as the NEXTEL site PC-GUY i assume you get them free if you subscribe to their isp or web services or cell phone provider service !? :)

a free composer tones site would be here <a href=" http://www.ringtonesgalore.co.uk/">COMPOSER TONES</a> :)

NOTE IF u cannot be bothered to type them in then purchase NOKIA logo manager and cut and paste the composer tones into logomanagers tone composer :)

VIPER_1069 said:
as far as the NEXTEL site PC-GUY i assume you get them free if you subscribe to their isp or web services or cell phone provider service !? :)

a free composer tones site would be here COMPOSER TONES :)

NOTE IF u cannot be bothered to type them in then purchase NOKIA logo manager and cut and paste the composer tones into logomanagers tone composer :)
I have nextel service?:confused: You have to remember this company was sued for charging for a tax or something for like a year that had no right too. :mad: I have also found this company charging me for long distance when I have it included with my plan. I think a good name for this company is scam central. :D

jasmin said:
Few days ago I downloaded 550+ polyphone ringtones in .mid & .mmf format, can you use it, guys?
Thanks. But for now I'll pass one day when I have some time I have to look in to it. I think I have to buy a $30 cable to put them in. I think thats is how you get them for free is by installing them with the cable. Thanks :cool:

I used to have a link to a REALLY good site with converters and tones (not poly) - it could give you the keypress codes for several different phone composers - but then I lost it in a system rebuild.
Ericsson and Alcatel are my target platforms.

PC-GUY said:
Thanks. But for now I'll pass one day when I have some time I have to look in to it. I think I have to buy a $30 cable to put them in. I think thats is how you get them for free is by installing them with the cable. Thanks :cool:

Isn't possible to upload files (ringtones) to your cellular via IR port (newer models like Nokia 6110, 6510)?

Seb

There's no IR on the 3595.
The only way to upload ringtones is to use either wap or cable.

ps2king

I don't mind using WAP, but it's the ringtones that I want for free. Im looking for Polyphonic ringtones. I don't want to make my own ringtones. I searched on google for about 2 hrs b4 asking here. I managed to find 1 site that did it for free but it turned out that the ringtones weren't compatible with my Nokia 3595 phone. Still looking for those free polyphonic ringtones.

I searched Free polyphonic ringtones and There were a lot of results that said free but they actually weren't. I'd either have to pay $1.50, or 1.50 Euros etc...

Last edited:
@ PC-GUY

$30 :eek: :eek: :eek try google mate ...there are CHEAPER CABLES much cheaper here in the uk i can buy cables for most phones for as little as £10 :)

@ps2king look for a ringtone convertor :)

ps2king

I read thru most of it, but let me ask this question. With the ring tone convertor will I be able to make songs into ringtones? Can I take the music of a song and make it into a Ringtone? That's mainly the reason I'm looking for Polyphonic Ringtones.

Just found this
http://www.convertyourtone.com/software.html
Looks like they offer some free stuff, though the software doesn't cover a huge number of formats, and the free tones are not a huge selection/

Also found (well, sort of) the site I remembered - it was movilonline - now very, VERY dead.
A lot of "free" ringtone sites came unstuck when things started getting hot over copyright on current tunes.

See also, the about.com network of sites - some useful links and references.
http://cellphones.about.com/cs/ringtonesinfo/index.htm?terms=ringtones

http://cellphones.about.com/library/bl_rpt_q1.htm - take the ringtones personality test, and it will suggest some of their FREE and exclusive ringtones.

Seb

Basically, u can't convert an mp3 to a midi ringtone.
But there exist certain apps (i think its intelliscore - must check) that will do some kind of conversion heuristically. However, don't put high hopes on these appz, most of the time, esp with complex mp3s, they produce crappy midis, far from the mp3.
In short, no u can't...

OR........ LIKE ME buy a sagem MY-X series cell phone pretty cheap in the U.K. on `pay as you go networks` ! :) and buy a data lead and..... make your own with a 200k wav file from any mp3/wav/audio source for tones or message alerts you have to use MY DISCOVER or MY PICS software both freeware and both found with google :)

you can also add your own wallpaper/animated gifs for backgrounds and screensavers :)

Seb

Sagem sux big time.
Sorry Viper. Had an RC-820. All that i know is that i wont be buying sagem again, nor nokia.
I wanna try SE and/or Samsung this time.

@ps2king
Better get the midi version
Tell me which nokia ringtone u want. I'll see what i have.Or i'll forward u to a free polyphonic ringtonez

@seb yuk i see what u ment by that model bud ...but times of changed this is my MY-X-2

info

8 line and 256 colour High definition graphic screen .
Hi-Fi ring tones

Downloadable Ring tones, Screensavers, icons
Polyphonic tones

tone formats

MIDI 11 Kbytes
MIDI 1.0 (format 0 and 1)
iMelody 5 Kbytes
Version 1.2 WAV200 Kbytes
PCM and ADPCM codec.8 kHz sampling frequency 8 or 16 bits samples
Sagem 1.0, 2.1 1 Kbytes for Sagem 1.0 and 5 Kbytes for Sagem
WAP

integrated Vibrating mode

Hands free mode

Screen High resolution colour screen, 256 colours, 101 x 80 pixels, up to 8 lines of text.

Size:99 x 45 x 21 mm, weight: 89 g.

Built-in technology:Hi-Fi ringtones, SMS, EMS, WAP, hands free, vibrating alert.

Personalisation:covers, backgrounds, animated screensavers, ringtones.

graphics formats

WBMP
BMP
JPEG
ISO/IEC 10918-1:1994 JPEG
8-bits greyscale and
24-bits colour image
PNG
GIF
GIF89a
EMS Graphics
Bitmap graphics

:)
uk price £39.99 on pay as you go networks :)

Seb

A sagem is a sagem.
They may put all kind of goodies in that b*tch, i still wont buy it
To tell you the truth, sagem uses cheap material and this is no wonder why their fones fail so often.
If you are a heavy fone user, i wud recommend SE.
Remember, cheap is expensive ;)