For the first time on our Forums-"Broadband" Plextorman!

Just upgraded from dialup to 1Mbps broadband.The difference is AMAZING! `Bin doin` stuff on the net which I couldn`t do b4 because of the time and convenience factor.I think this is gonna really change my life on the net! This rocks! :D :D :D :D :D

Blane said:
Yep, broadband opens up a whole new door on the internet for you.
Blane,I couldn`t agree more.Just imagine though,one day-many years from now-it might even be free! (But by then,maybe, if you want anything that`s even faster you`ll still have to pay!)

Last edited:
Wow.... I couldn't even think about not having my cable connection. :eek: It seem like everyone I know had it before me because my area was like the last area to get it!!! Boy did that s#$%!!!:( It's like your first time all over again!!!:DLOL Welcome newbie to broadband.....:D

@banzi and PC-GUY Yeah,guyz It`s like a new, more exciting world.I spent the first few minutes watching `instant`(unlike b4) and high quality movie trailers on my isp`s site..my jaw dropped... :D :D

welcome to the delights of no more waiting for pages to load :)

the real fun is in live streams of music/radio/video clips and the java/shockwave stuff is near instant too :)

plextorman said:
Just upgraded from dialup to 1Mbps broadband.The difference is AMAZING! `Bin doin` stuff on the net which I couldn`t do b4 because of the time and convenience factor.I think this is gonna really change my life on the net! This rocks! :D :D :D :D :D
I suppose that 1mbps is better than dial-up but I think I'll keep my DS-3.

BTW,I`ve now abandoned the USB broadband connection I first had set up in favour of a more normal ethernet connection (via the 10/100 RJ-45 socket built into my mobo)through a wired router with built in h/w firewall).Cloned the MAC addresses easily...I got the wired router from the end of line stock at http://www.ebuyer.com for about £21! Not bad at all for the price..
It`s an Origo BBR-1400.. http://www.origo2000.com Don`t think ebuyer`s got any more though..but I think they`ve still got the 'wireless' model for a great price. ;)

Last edited:
I've just upgraded (one month ago) from dialup to turtle pace 384k ADSL, still it's a mighty hell of a lot better... and way cheaper, if you are a 24/7 man.