For spanish speakers !

HAY QUE SABER HABLAR CON PROPIEDAD

Un ejemplo de la riqueza del castellano es el número de acepciones de una simple palabra, como puede ser la muy conocida y frecuentemente utilizada, que hace referencia a los atributos masculinos: cojones.

Si va acompañado de un numeral tiene significados distintos, según el número utilizado. Así, uno significa caro o costoso (valía un cojón), dos significa valentía (tiene dos cojones), 3 significa desprecio (me importa 3 cojones), un número muy grande y par significa dificultad (lograrlo me costó 100 pares de cojones).

El verbo cambia el significado. Tener significa valentía (aquella persona tiene cojones), aunque en admiración puede indicar sorpresa (¡Tiene cojones!); poner expresa un reto, especialmente si se pone en algunos lugares (puso los cojones sobre la mesa). Se los utiliza para apostar (me corto los cojones) o para amenazar (te corto los cojones).

El tiempo del verbo utilizado cambia el significado de la frase. El presente indica molestia o hastío (Me toca los cojones); el reflexivo significa vagancia (se toca los cojones), pero el imperativo significa sorpresa (¡tócate los cojones!).

Los prefijos y sufijos modulan su significado; a- expresa miedo (acojonado); des- significa reirse (descojonarse), -udo significa perfección (cojonudo), pero -azo se refiere a la indolencia o abulia (cojonazos).

- las preposiciones matizan la expresión: de significa éxito (me salió de cojones) o cantidad (hacía un frío de cojones); por expresa voluntariedad (lo haré por cojones), pero con indica valor (era un hombre con cojones) y sin la cobardía (era un hombre sin cojones).

El color, la forma o la simple textura o tamaño aportan significado. El color violeta expresa frío (tengo los cojones morados); la forma, el cansancio (tenía los cojones cuadrados); pero el desgaste implica experiencia (tenía los cojones pelados de repetirlo); son importantes el tamaño y la posición (tenía dos cojones grandes y bien plantados); sin embargo hay un tamaño máximo que no puede superarse (tiene los cojones como el caballo del Cid) porque indica torpeza o vagancia (le cuelgan, se los pisa, se sienta sobre ellos e incluso necesita una carretilla para llevarlos).

La interjección ¡cojones! significa sorpresa y cuando se halla perplejo los solicita (¡manda cojones!). En ese lugar reside la voluntad y de allí surgen las órdenes (me sale de los cojones).

En resumen, será difícil encontrar una palabra en castellano o en otros idiomas con mayor número de acepciones.

Forcefire: it cannot be translated. The whole text is about different expressions, with totally different meanings, constructed 'round the word 'cojón' (plural, 'cojones'), (testicles in english), so it can't bear translation.

Of course, no offense pretended posting a text in Spanish in the 'Just for Laughs' section !!

Last edited:
IS NECESSARY TO KNOW HOW TO SPEAK WITH PROPERTY

An example of the wealth of the Castilian is the number of meanings of a simple word, like can be the very well-known one and frequently used, that makes reference to the masculine attributes: Bollox

If it goes accompanied of a numeral has meaning different, according to the used number. Thus, one means expensive or expensive (it was worth cojón), two mean valentía (bollox has two), 3 means scorn (bollox concerns 3 to me), a very great number and even it means difficulty (to obtain it cost 100 pairs to me of bollox).

The verb changes the meaning. To have means valentía (that person has bollox), although in admiration it can indicate surprise (It has bollox); to put it express a challenge, specially if it is put in some places (it put bollox on the table). It is used them to bet (I cut bollox) or to threaten (I cut bollox to you).

The time of the used verb changes the meaning of the phrase. The present it indicates annoyance or weariness (it touches bollox to Me); the reflexive means vagancia (touches bollox), but the imperative means surprise (tócate bollox).

The area codes and suffixes modulate their meaning; to express fear (put the wind up); DES means to reir itself (to descojonar itself), - udo means perfection (cojonudo), but - azo talks about to the indolencia or abulia (cojonazos).

- you preposition them clarify the expression: of it means success (it left to me cojones) or amount (it was a cold of cojones); by express voluntariedad (I will do it by cojones), but with it indicates value (was a man with cojones) and without the cowardice (he was a man without cojones).

The color, the form or the simple texture or size contribute meaning. The violet color expresses cold (I have bollox mulberry); the form, the fatigue (it had cojones square); but the wearing down implies experience (it had cojones bare to repeat it); the size and the position are important (cojones had two great and planted well); nevertheless there is a maximum size that it cannot be surpassed (has cojones like the horse of the Cid) because it indicates stupidity or vagancia (they hang to him, steps on them, it feels on them and it even needs a wheelbarrow to take them).

The interjección bollox! it means surprise and when one is perplex it asks for them (it sends bollox). In that place the will resides and from the orders arise there (it leaves to me cojones).

In summary, it will be difficult to find a word in Castilian or other languages with greater number of meanings

Roughly translated its means "its a load of bollox "