FlashGet - corrupted files.

I really like the extra features of FlashGet as opposed to DAP but I seem to be getting a lot of corrupted files - rather annoying downloading Photoshop 7(160mb) on 56k modem only to find it's no good. I don't remember having this problem with v1.3. When I redownload with Explorer they are fine. Is this caused by the file splitting used by download accelerators? Am I the only one experiencing this - any ideas anyone?

Never had any corrupt download problem with Flashget- that is after 40+ GB down. Are you sure you have purchased it from a "safe store"?

Does it rename file extensions until complete? - I prefer ones that do, as many set the file to full size, and unless there are other indications, you can never be certain if it completed.

And try a single thread, if the downloader supports it - that should rule out multithread issues - but not any problems with resume.

Flashget sets the volume to final right from the start, and you can choose either the actual or .jc! as an extension for the unfinished files. Choosing the latter sounds reasonable.

i prefer to use the .jc! extension so i can visably see that its a flashget file (incidentally .jc! is the old name of the program JETCAR why they havent changed the extension to .gf! i will never know :confused: ) anyhow when the jobs done it changes to the proper extension then there is no mistaking that the file is complete if not its still the default .jc! file :)