Finalising partially burnt DVD - how ?

A DVD+R that I believed showed my sony 500 could not burn +r's I now believe just wasnt finalised due to a problem on my comp when it was burning - so is there a way I can actually finalise it and get it running ? It got to 98%.

Depends on the program you initially used to write to the dvd. Also is it a Movie or is it Data that you have on the DVD ? How have you determined the DVD is not closed ?

ChickenMan said:
Depends on the program you initially used to write to the dvd. Also is it a Movie or is it Data that you have on the DVD ? How have you determined the DVD is not closed ?
In order: Alcohol120%, Movie (well - a live dvd of a band), because it says that it has 4.3 g on the disk, but will not play - anywhere. (Its a DVD+R by the way - first time I ever used one, too !) Cheers for answering, CM by the way. I'd given up ! :)

Hmm... thanks for that. If Alcohol wrote it in UDF format (which it should for a Movie DVD) then it MUST be closed. All UDF sessions are closed as there is no such thing as multisession for UDF. If Alcohol as written it in ISO format then thats why it wont play, Video-DVD's must be UDF.

All I can suggest is to use your burner to rip the files to HD (even try Isobuster) and re-burn with a proven DVD burning program, such as Nero.

There is one program I know of that will finalize discs.It's called batchdisc.

You just type in "finalize" at the command prompt to finalize problem discs (assuming everything else was proper).Haven't tried it,but it does work.

http://www.batchdisc.com/