File Renamer Utility

Hi,

I need a simple file renamer utility (no need for MP3 renaming based on ID3 tags) that also allows me to change filename extension case.

Do you guys know of any? Freeware or shareware, I don't care.

Thx

ive been using BATCH FILE UTILITY http://www.flashshare.com/
What is Batch File Utility?

Batch File Utility is a powerful file/folder renaming utility, that supports Wildcards and Regular-Expressions. It offers a Window Explorer style interface and a variety of renaming options, including options to change case,replace characters, replace strings,set file attribute, change time stamp,rename file extensions,add a sequence of numbers to your filenames or extension,rename mp3 files based on their ID3 tag information.In addition, Batch File Utility can compress files individually - in batch. Batch File Utility also provides a preview of the changed names as well as an Undo option that allows you to revert the name changes if needed. It supports drag and drop. A powerful, yet easy to use renaming utility!

Flexible Batch File Renaming Tool...

Batch File Utility allows you to rename multiple photos, web pages, video files
and other files quickly, easily and safely !

It offers so many features:
Batch File Renaming.
Can process folder names.
Rename multiple MP3 files with accurate ID3 information.
Rename file extensions.
Convert file case.t.
Enumeration of file.
Filelist renaming.
Change time stamps and attribute.
Powerful real-time preview.
Multiple undo ability (undo past renaming operations).
Easy-to-use Window Explorer style interface.
Supports Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, 2000, XP.
Full drag and drop support.

Powerful Batch files Compression Tool...
Batch ZIP Creation helps you compress large amounts of archive files into individual archives - in batch . You can select the compression you want and Batch File Utility will archive each file you selected into its own individual archive. Thus, if you add 100 files to the list, Batch File Utility will make 100 different archives, based on the options you choose.
not a bad price either $24.95 USD

i recently needed to sort some wav files that should of been mp3s and i used this tool to both rename and change the extension of about 300 samples i was putting together for a project :)

it did the job great :)

i suggest try it and see :)

Incognitu, try the following free renamer:

Oscar's file renamer, free app offered by Mediachance, the people responsible for DVD-lab, grab the software here: http://www.mediachance.com/free/renamer.htm

Been a while since I tried it.. and I see it is a more advanced version than what I used, it might suit your needs.

Last edited:
I'm using jv16 power tools rename utility for this; besides its many other functions (best registry cleaner)

Total Commander has a Multi Rename Tool to rename file name(s) and/or extension(s)
Code:
http://www.ghisler.com/

I also use Total commander for any similar job, so i don't have to look for some other soft... but it's pretty much a matter of taste.