Fedora corrupting XP?

scarecrow said:
Still, I can't figure out why Fedora corrupted the XP partitions, since it does not mount NTFS at all... unless it had put wrong fstab entries in the MBR. Judging from its general status, this is not unlikely- although noone had this problem with RedHat 9.
PLZ help a little- did you try to install GRUB as the default boot manager?
Didn't you read my post? :) I've deleted everything and reinstalled XP on a new C: NTFS partition (my programs and data are on D: and E: )

This problem was kind of weird... XP was able to boot until the login screen were it crashed... If the partition was bad I don't know how XP could have booted..

I didn't have the time to check it, I had some work for today to finish and were depending on windows (for matlab)... Since it's been a couple of days after a fresh clean XP install, I didn't care redoing it (unattended installation is great :) )

I'll try again with red hat 9 in a near future. or maybe suse. or maybe slackware...

why is there so many distros to choose from?? :) I'm to used to M$ monopoly...:)

Hmmmmm .......LOL. I knew that would stirr up the Linux fanatics. :D
I wasn't havin a dig, just found it funny someone having fault (actually admiting it) with Linux rather than always picking fault with MS.
But ..... if you run Windows XP , that too will run forever and not need reboot .. normally. Mate.
Shouldn't be getting mixed up in this thread , but most of us DO want 'edge-of-the seat development technology' cus that is what our software requires .. thats it really. Mate.
If Linux is your thing , thats fine, if MS is your thing , fine, both have there uses and downfalls. :p nuff said.