fastest p2p program??..

my girlfriend has an upload of 200kbps+....i was wondering if there is any program out there that'll make me download her maximum upload??..ive tried a few programs....but so far mirc is the best for me that works decent....but it still not pushing it to the max....i get around 80-100kbps....but i know it can go higher....let me know of any good or popular ones u guys use.....

Last edited:
there is always an overhead, so you can't really reach the limit for use data; but for sure, around 80% should be possible; try dc++ or use an ftp server (+ client at your side);

Greetngs from
Duracell

why dont you go by a ftp??
Install a server on your pc ,like a bpftp,if your ip ia a dynamic use a client like a deenes,get a free name like tommy.kicks-ass.org(i know there is a free ones),install at your girlfriend a basic ftp client like smartftp or flashftp and youre done :)

STILL not guaranteed to get full speed ... too many factors could influence the speeds mainly internet traffic in general .... depending on time of day/night could also be a factor in getting near max transfer :(

depending on how fast each machine can feed the data out(upload) and receive it at the other end (download)

A poor spec machine either way .. uploading or downloading could play a big factor here too along with transmitted PACKET SIZE (amount of data) sent and received you can increase or decrease this with varying degrees :)

multi threading a file may be a good way of getting something faster (getting the same file in multiple parts)

im sure there will be more indepth answers on this soon from our base of tech heads here at the forum :)

whats a good ftp program i can use??..or one that is most popular....cuzz i know there r a few out there....ill give dc++ a shot....u guys also know if there r any tutors on ftps??..cuzz that program is quite confusing....

For just TWO peers an FTP server is fine (I like Filezilla server, for the simple reason it works fine and it's free), but what's wrong with a DC hub?

Problem with varius messengers is that varius isp could blacklist it like it happening with sympatico in canada,.btw as noted above dc++ is nice way for direct connect,and your speed is only limited by the speed ofr source-uploader.

zver said:
Problem with varius messengers is that varius isp could blacklist it like it happening with sympatico in canada,.btw as noted above dc++ is nice way for direct connect,and your speed is only limited by the speed ofr source-uploader.

for how long though zver will DC++ LAST ? :confused: ... in the last week and half both WIN-MX and E-DONKEY have had CEASE AND DESIST orders from the ever present RIAA .... and they closed down both networks without huge argument and protest from those who ran them !

VIPER_1069 said:
for how long though zver will DC++ LAST ? :confused:
Forever. WinMx and Edonkey are mainly based on public servers (although the ED2K network is party decentralized), while DC++ is based on private hubs.

VIPER_1069 said:
for how long though zver will DC++ LAST ? :confused: ... in the last week and half both WIN-MX and E-DONKEY have had CEASE AND DESIST orders from the ever present RIAA .... and they closed down both networks without huge argument and protest from those who ran them !
yes,couse its based on rooms-hubs principe-method,so there is no way to stop it-it could last forewer theorethically:)