FarCry

Anyone have a tip on the freighter, so far its just a pain!!!
I can't seem to hit the chopper enough before dieing to send it back.:(

From http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/far_cry_a.txt
(copy and past and it works)

--- OBJECTIVE: Go to the front of the ship -----------------------------------

To avoid the blast, it’s necessary to go to the front of the ship. Anywhere
else, even in the ships control room is not safe. After the explosion, Doyle
will contact you and inform you of an incoming chopper. You’ll need to destroy
this chopper before the level will end.

Your best bet to beating this heavily armored attack helicopter is to head
indoors – inside the ships bridge where you found the rocket launcher and
health pack. Fire rockets at the chopper from inside, but be quick about it
because the ship is sinking, with your end of the ship going under first. It
will take about eight or nine direct hits with the rockets before the copter
will give up and go home.

__________ __________ _______

dx

PC-GUY said:
Come on dx no insight?
Haven't played this game in about 2 years bud. I do remember this being quite difficult.

I would follow the suggested tip... stay in the ship and keep shooting those rockets. You may have to die a few times, but you will get there. ;)

dx said:
Haven't played this game in about 2 years bud. I do remember this being quite difficult.

I would follow the suggested tip... stay in the ship and keep shooting those rockets. You may have to die a few times, but you will get there. ;)
A few time.....:eek: I'm about to cheat I've died so many times.:(

dx

PC-GUY said:
A few time.....:eek: I'm about to cheat I've died so many times.:(
Well cheat then... that will get you through :p

Sorry bud, but I'm too preoccupied with playing Half-Life 2 Episode 1 to go back and try and figure out exactly how I did it. :D

dx said:
Well cheat then... that will get you through :p

Sorry bud, but I'm too preoccupied with playing Half-Life 2 Episode 1 to go back and try and figure out exactly how I did it. :D
From what I read that easy and it can be done in about 5hrs. You find that to be true?

dx

PC-GUY said:
From what I read that easy and it can be done in about 5hrs. You find that to be true?
Yes... about 5 hours on Moderate difficulty. The end is quite difficult though.

BTW, look around for the deals. MSRP is $20, but I found it for $11.99 over the weekend. :cool:

It might be too late for this post:

The helicopter has a periodical movement, it moves around for a few seconds (keep cover while it´s moving) then it stays still while shooting so at this moment go out and shoot at it, do not use the scope or it will avoid fire right away also try to hit at the machine gun point this way it will go away with 4 to 6 hits.

weboneando said:
It might be too late for this post:

The helicopter has a periodical movement, it moves around for a few seconds (keep cover while it´s moving) then it stays still while shooting so at this moment go out and shoot at it, do not use the scope or it will avoid fire right away also try to hit at the machine gun point this way it will go away with 4 to 6 hits.
But he's still shooting me.:( But I'll give it a try.
Thanks

PC-GUY said:
But he's still shooting me.:( But I'll give it a try.
Thanks
Right, just try to move around to avoid beeing shot you´ll have to take a little damage in order to make your shot but right after take cover during reload and if possible make a second shot or wait for the next static cicle.

dont try to shoot helicopter.....as u come on to the deck run straight off the side of the ship and swim to the stern of the ship.Here you will find a great big gap in the ship, look up u will see a dingy u have to shoot the ropes. The dingy will drop climb in and away u go.......

im sure thats how it went....but it was a long time ago. hope this helps

nosher said:
dont try to shoot helicopter.....as u come on to the deck run straight off the side of the ship and swim to the stern of the ship.Here you will find a great big gap in the ship, look up u will see a dingy u have to shoot the ropes. The dingy will drop climb in and away u go.......

im sure thats how it went....but it was a long time ago. hope this helps
Thanks but I think you have the wrong ship.:confused: