Extracting audio from DVD

What's the best and fast way to extract only the audio from DVD?
(Mainly for music DVD)

And how to convert these extracted audio to Wav or Mp3 files?

Thanks in advance !!!

NetLion use smart ripper to extract only the ac3 audio (not the vob) and then besweet to converted to mp3 (ac3 => mp3 directly) (mp3 converted with besweet because includes inside dolby surround information)

I hope this is useful my friend!

:p

landok said:
NetLion use smart ripper to extract only the ac3 audio (not the vob) and then besweet to converted to mp3 (ac3 => mp3 directly) (mp3 converted with besweet because includes inside dolby surround information)

I hope this is useful my friend!

Thank You landok

Very useful my friend!

I'll try!

:D

yup...

what`s your purpose of compression...

if you are gonna keep them for storage

i would go for AAC/mp4 format.. way better for DVD - A

visit the aac section at rarewarez...
h''p://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/

also
check out the ac3 decoder at h''p://www.dasound.com/programs/815/

;)

Doing a simple search in Google you can find were to download Advanced Encode-Decode Tools v1.052 fixed, from the same author, and it does AC3 files too.
I just downloaded from here (down.tyfo.com), be patient or use FlashGet or similar cause the server is busy

h**p://down.tyfo.com/phpapp/down/down.php?pageid=4143&title=Advanced%20Encode%20Decode%20Tools%201.052(fixed)&file=http://down1.tyfo.com/down/soft/pc/media/convert/web/file/aedtools1052Fix.zip&tmp=null

and then again, maybe easier and perfectly good enough will be to use something like Total Recorder, to record any sound going through the sound card; just play the DVD and digitally record its sound with this app, available in this forum.

ponzan said:
Doing a simple search in Google you can find were to download Advanced Encode-Decode Tools v1.052 fixed, from the same author, and it does AC3 files too.
I just downloaded from here (down.tyfo.com), be patient or use FlashGet or similar cause the server is busy

h**p://down.tyfo.com/phpapp/down/down.php?pageid=4143&title=Advanced%20Encode%20Decode%20Tools%201.052(fixed)&file=http://down1.tyfo.com/down/soft/pc/media/convert/web/file/aedtools1052Fix.zip&tmp=null
Hi ponzan

I've downloaded this file and install it, but

1st) You may decode/encode only 50% of the file. (It's not cracked)

2nd) I got these errors messages when I start the encode:

1) No ACM driver found
(I don't know what is this)

2) unsupported format or damaged file
(it's not true because I can play the AC3 file in Windows Media Player )

I've downloaded too the new version v.1.059b and I got the same messages.

Do you know what I can do to fix these errors ?

Thank you again !!!

:confused:

ponzan said:
and then again, maybe easier and perfectly good enough will be to use something like Total Recorder, to record any sound going through the sound card; just play the DVD and digitally record its sound with this app, available in this forum.
Hi ponzan again !

I don't had thinking yet is this mode of recording sound.
Did you try this prog? It works?

Thank you again !!!

Sure man, it works fine, and is very easy, and you can get it from this forum.
With Total Rec. you can save your DVD’s or any other sound going through your sound card (audio streams, etc., etc.) in wave-CD uncompressed format, or mp3 or various other compressed formats.

Try it.

Can anyone help? I want to rip just the sound off a dvd.
Landok suggested using Smartripper to extract just the audio and not the VOB's. How do you do this? I clicked on Stream Processing and selected just the Audio English AC3(6ch)48kHz but when I rip, I still get the VOB's - why is this? Is it something to do with the Settings? On the Movie tab where Key - Check and File - Splitting options are, I have every vob-file selected - any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My friend vcd_pat, first please use 2.41 version of smartripper because the old (2.40) has a prob with that. Then go to stream processing and untick the video and tick the audio stream you want BUT on the right side when you are on the audio stream there is an option DEMUX TO EXTRA FILE please tick that for the audio only and NOT the DIRECT STREAM COPY option that is already ticked.
When you finish you will see vob files but with zero size and only the ac3 will be correct.

I hope this will help you my friend!
If you continue to have a prob please post again here!

;)

vcd_pat said:
Can anyone help? I want to rip just the sound off a dvd.
Landok suggested using Smartripper to extract just the audio and not the VOB's. How do you do this? I clicked on Stream Processing and selected just the Audio English AC3(6ch)48kHz but when I rip, I still get the VOB's - why is this? Is it something to do with the Settings? On the Movie tab where Key - Check and File - Splitting options are, I have every vob-file selected - any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
In Stream Processing:

1) Choose in your case Audio English AC3(6ch)48khz (Check the square and highlight the whole line clicking on the line (3rd one).

2) In right side choose Demux to extra file

3) In the Target choose the folder and the file name you want.

4) Press Start, and wait.

You can choose in input, all the chapters, only one, etc.

To decode this ac3 file in wav or mp3, I use a great prog called HeadAC3he. You find at _http://www.doom9.org/

Cheers