Exact Audio Copy

Exact Audio Copy is a CD audio grabber that supports SCSI as well as ATAPI CD-ROM drives. It features Jitter correction and 3 levels of extraction - Secure, Fast and Burst extraction methods. It uses the Windows Audio Compression Manager (ACM Codecs) for direct compression and offers additional support for the BladeEnc DLL. Additional features include Batch compression and decompression, detection of silence in pre-track gaps, filename editing with local and remote CDDB database and cdplayer.ini support as well as ID3 tagging. Exact Audio Copy also offers CD write support for some drives and can automatically detect drive features. The program comes with a setup wizard that asks you plain english questions, rather than technical details, so it is well suited, even for newbies. Certified Escient CDDB(TM) Compatible. A very nice and feature rich program! The author asks you to send him a postcard if you like and use the program (cardware).
A must have program.;)
Homepage

Update on Registrations
As I mentioned before, this program is and will be Cardware. This means, using the program will cost you no money, but a nice picture postcard from your hometown or a beautiful countryside nearby (perhaps it will also be possible to use a nice stamp for sending the postcard).
Please tell me what you like (or dislike) and please don't forget your e-mail address (and write it clearly, please).
Please Note : I will no longer answer to postcard registrations with an email. There are far too many. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Of course I would greatly appreciate any donations made freely by you to help me to improve EAC by using the donations for compiler updates etc. But please note that cashing a check is very expensive (around US-$ 7) and so please don't send checks if you want to donate anything, thanks!
I have now subscribed to PayPal, below is a donate button if you want to send something from your PayPal account. Thanks for all your support!
Homepage

Andre Wiethoff also accepts other means of donation, if you mail him first.
Normally this little wonder should cost big bucks- it is simply brilliant, and way better than any commercial audio ripper I can think about. in fact some recording studios use EAC exclusively for ripping CD's, instead of professional stuff like Samplitude or Wavelab.

Last edited:
scarecrow said:
in fact some recording studios use EAC exclusively for ripping CD's, instead of professional stuff like Samplitude or Wavelab.
That makes sense.....it's a great program!:)

Just 1 thing to add for the new users: DON'T setup the reading profile of your drives with the wizard,because your drives' profile won't be correct,which will impact your ripping....;)