Essential files

Nizmo

Just wondering is there a list of essential downloads each comptuer should have on a website anywhere? I just downloaded a preview video and it played as a music file on media player. I dont know how to fix it but its gotta be a patch or something i need. I just wanted to know if theres a list that has everything u need to download like direct x java shockwave flash player adn stuff all on it.

i don't know such list; however, if there is an existing one i wouldn't use/trust it;

about your video file: go there and download GSpot; it will report you the missed video codec;
then download and install the codec from the codec developers site; Avoid "codec pacs"!

Greetings from
Duracell

theres a few recommended things in the freeware section of the forum Nizmo ..maby you could start a thread of recommended/essential freeware tools/utils :)

as per duracell use GSPOT and install the codecs it recommends and only those :)

most video files will play in VIDEOLAN freeware player :)

dx

VIPER_1069 said:
most video files will play in VIDEOLAN freeware player :)
Yes, install VLC media player. It plays most audio/video files you can throw at it. Many of these codec packages are more problematic than they are worth.