England v Nigeria

Please let England qualify for the last 16 of the World Cup.

I need to shift these Footie Anthem cds!:D

If we get knocked out, then I'll get em shoved where the sun dont shine!!:eek:

Let us pray!:cool:

i've already taken the morning off to catch the match.

damn - half my department has taken the morning off for the match - :D

I sure hope they qualify - or im gonna kick some butt - im no hooligan - honest :)

Any Predictions ?

Depends which England team turns up.

I hope 2-0
I dread 0-1

I think 1-1 nerve jangler!

Our firm is off until 10am but we have to make the time up.(normally start at 8am)

Weve been promised we wont miss a game.
I booked every possible England matchday off 3 months ago.
It only happens every 4 years and in Englands case on average every 8 years!
I aint missing a second!

I drunk 8 bottles of carlsberg export during the 90 mis of the Argentina game and was wrecked.
I'd better not do that tomorrow or I'll have to sack myself!:D

Porque Patron (hehehehe :D )

I believe England will do it, but as i stated before, be aware of a hurt LION, it will do everything to defend him self. Poko I don't agree with you about England. I really believe they have great players, only problem, they have the same cancer most teams have (Brasil, Germany, Irland etc.) they don't play as a team. Every player wants to show himself forgetting what is most important, they are defending the shirt of their country.

I hope England win (maybe we meet in the final :p )

Cheers,

El_Matador

PS: first we have to go to the second round, but I think i can be done after what they showed against Poland.

El_Matador said:
Porque Patron (hehehehe :D )

I believe England will do it, but as i stated before, be aware of a hurt LION, it will do everything to defend him self. Poko I don't agree with you about England. I really believe they have great players, only problem, they have the same cancer most teams have (Brasil, Germany, Irland etc.) they don't play as a team. Every player wants to show himself forgetting what is most important, they are defending the shirt of their country.

I hope England win (maybe we meet in the final :p )

Cheers,

El_Matador

PS: first we have to go to the second round, but I think i can be done after what they showed against Poland.
if portugal dosnt pass it will be a grave loss

argies out

well i think my weekend has already been made with the results in England through yessssssssssssssssss and of course the argies are out what a day. it just keeps getting better looks like the hand of god picked the argies up and chucked them in the shit pile.

flyby2001 out...........

Come On England (do it for the boys)

| Nigeria 0 - 0 ENGLAND | Sweden 1 - 1 Argentina |

whey hey - we're through :D

Argentina needed a win - glad they didnt. But I dont like the look of things - cos if we beat Denmark - I think we'd most probably be playing against Brazil :eek: in the quarter finals - :rolleyes:

Eng-er-land

Who cares how we played??? The real business about that starts now with the Danes.
Let's just get behind the lads and cheer them toward a World Cup winning campaign...
I'm chuffed the Argies and the French are out. Too damned arrogant and they got stuffed... well stuffed!!!
I think there is only one team left that can seriously threaten England's chances and that team is England.
Italy are good but beatable... Brazil are just Brazil - excellent but still pretty beatable.
Haway the lads..!! ;) :) :eek: :) ;) :D

Now Starts the real men game. As I said before, England has great players, but they don't have heart for the game. If they don't start playing as they did in 1990, then just forget it. This team is the same Portugal beat 3-2, two years ago. And, believe me, I never saw England play so bad. With Eriksson they have improved, but still not enough to win the World Cup. As a remark, I don't mind if my team loose, but they have to do it playing good football and having heart for the game (as they showed in the match against Poland). I want to see, again, the great matches from 10-15 years ago, where they played for the shirt they were whearing (an example was Real Madrid, nowadays with the Bosman law Real lost almost this identity) and not for the money as nowadays. Poko don't forget England 66 where Portugal was loosing 3-0 to North Corea and they won 3-5 (I agree, at that time we had Eusebio, but I think Figo can do the job (if he is in good form, what I really doubt)). I see those teams as possible champion: Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Italy (if they pass and I really hope they don't. I never liked there style of playing, except in Italy 90 where they showed they can play attacking and win), England and don't forget Germany (although playing bad football they have managed to win some cups).

But putting all this away I have to congratulate al British, Ireland included for reaching the KO round.

Cheers,

El_Matador

PS: As a mistake I mentioned England 96 where France lost all 3 games, but the correct one is Sweden 92.

Last edited:
Not the same England

This England team has 5/7 new players who did not play in euro2000.(depending on formation).
It now also has one of the best coaches in the world.
England will always have great heart though unfortunately penalty kicks r not our strong point!:)

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't trying to offend the English football, I just want to see them (And not only them but every team) play as they used to do. The last good playing team was under Robson in Italy 90, and that is the England I want to see, altough this could mean Portugal loosing to them now and then :D . It is almost 10 (in 2004 it will be) years of almost vulnerable English football. I really Hope they become better with Ericksson or without him. Just as a remark Daveml, you say he is a great coach, but instead of going through, they got home I'm sure you would say he was a bad one :p . But that's normal because the coach is a suffering person :p .

As I said i hope Italy don't interfer as they did in 82, where they were the worst team and they reached the final, the same happened in 94. I would like a final BRAZIL - PORTUGAL or a ENGLAND - PORTUGAL.

Cheers,

El_Matador

M

Master

I would like to see England and Germany in the final....we still remember the punishment in 2001 ;)

To be honest...i don´t believe that we will reach the final...BRASIL : Denmark is my tip !