Elapsed time, reading VCD's/SVCD's

Hi,
could anybody explain me something ?
I make VCD's from DIVX files I get from french Divx NG's and I assume I made about 60 without problem (or almost... yes... some problems with AC3 sound when making the first ones :) )
There is one thing I don't understand. When I play them on my standalone DVD player, some show the elapsed time on the player, and some does not. Why ??
I burn all my VCD's/SVCD's with Nero. The only thing I change sometimes is PAL or NTSC. I never use CDI or Menu.
The DVD player is a Philips 711.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Phillips units are not without their problems. I would suggest you run the MPG file (after cutting) through M1-or M2-Edit (do a search on this forum for a source) and Repacketize or Transcode the file before burning. It fixes most of these small annoying DVD Player problems.

Thanks for the reply, ChickenMan,
Well... I've got M2-Edit Pro (full working...). And I need your help again :)
I launch M2-Edit, I load my MPG file (MPG-1 I made with TMPGEnc from a Divx). Then I go to tools > Transcode. My MPG file as source, Out > MPG-1 (system) > Start.
I get a new MPG file. I try to burn it with Nero, as usual, as a VCD and then, I get a message box where I'm told the stream flux is not OK for a VCD... :confused:
The original MPG file (from TMPGEnc) is burned as VCD without problem with Nero. But it doesn't like the one transcoded with M2-Edit.
Is there something I did wrong ? (I know you'll say I did, but I dunno what it is :) )
Thanks in advance for your precious advice.

You also do NOT have to load the movie in initially. Run M2-Edit, go straight to Tools / Transcode. Then point to your MPG file, give out put file name but check under Special, VCD. Then click the Transode button. Wait for it to do its work (not long) and then say No to loading it in. Exit program. Done. Now just burn with Nero and test it on your Phillips unit.