Dvdxcopy3.0

ok after i read the dvd and put in the blank disk it just hangs i have a xp 2000 512 mgs ram if ya got any ideas or ?s please write back.o ya i have a optorite dd0203 dvd burner thanks for any ideas you all might have

Works Great For 177$

IT DOES IT ALL DVD+R:4X DVD+RW:2.4 DVD-R:4X DVD-RW:2X THE guy that sold it to me at a computer show said it was the same as a sony but who knows heres a link to there site www.optorite.com the model # is ddo203

spongebob said:
IT DOES IT ALL DVD+R:4X DVD+RW:2.4 DVD-R:4X DVD-RW:2X THE guy that sold it to me at a computer show said it was the same as a sony but who knows heres a link to there site www.optorite.com the model # is ddo203
Optorite DD0203 is not same as the Sony drive. Basically, it's a DVD+/-RW Combo drive based on the Sanyo chip and assembled by a Taiwanese Company called Optorite. It's an excellent drive for the money. It can do HD-Burn 1.4 Gig worth of data on a regular CD-R. The only two draw backs for this drive is that it can't do correct EFM encoding (that means it can't create perfect backup of games protected with safedisc 2.6 or higher protection) and it can't rip protected audio cd (it can rip one of the protection-- cactus audio protection (I am not sure about this)--but not the other). IMO, this Optorite drive is the second only to the Pioneer 106/A06 drive which costs $50 more than it.

Hey spongebob,
Which version of DVD-X-Copy supports the Optorite drive? I might pony up $60 to get a copy if it does.

Last edited: