Dvdstripper won't do 2nd movie on dvd9 correctly

sadsack

Hi,
for me, Dvdstripper works for 1-movie dvds, and for the First movie on 2-movie dvds (dvd9), but not the 2nd movie. I've tried doing the "Split the disc" option, as well as only saving the 2nd movie individually. I'm deleting the Title Menu (which asks which movie you want, thus unnecessary) etc, keeping only the appropriate menus/movie/trailer for the 2nd movie. I use the same method for the first movie. I preview both in Dvdshrink, and the results look the same. When I actually play them in the computer, the first movie will play, but 2nd won't. Tried running it in FIXVTS but no good. If I burn a dvd-rw of it, and play it, nothing happens onscreen but the dvd player shows it's scrolling thru a bunch of chapters, then stops.
Since it works in most situations, I'd really like to keep using it, rather than figuring out how to manually do it in PCGedit, or buying DVDREMAKE.
Oh, and HELP!!
Edit/Delete Message

it could be because you are deleting the Title Menu which sets the player to whichever movie you choose. The bunch of chapters you are seeing is the 1st movie playing through. If you play it in a software player and then select Title 2 (whichever the 2nd movie is) you will see it's actually there

the problem is by removing that menu the DVD is playing the 1st movie by default :(. You need to use something like IFOEdit or PGCEdit to fix the IFO. It will probably be something simple to fix for me as I would just change the selection value to play the 2nd movie by changing the commands in the IFO

the simple way to fix it is to keep the original selection movie but I guess you don't want that :(

:edit: oops I didn't realise how old this post was :D

MackemX said:
it could be because you are deleting the Title Menu which sets the player to whichever movie you choose. The bunch of chapters you are seeing is the 1st movie playing through. If you play it in a software player and then select Title 2 (whichever the 2nd movie is) you will see it's actually there

the problem is by removing that menu the DVD is playing the 1st movie by default :(. You need to use something like IFOEdit or PGCEdit to fix the IFO. It will probably be something simple to fix for me as I would just change the selection value to play the 2nd movie by changing the commands in the IFO

the simple way to fix it is to keep the original selection movie but I guess you don't want that :(

:edit: oops I didn't realise how old this post was :D
lol welcome back to the forum MACKEMX :)

sadsack

Hi,
yes, I was doing away with the Title Menu screen where you select which movie you wanted to play. Is that what you meant as a fix (keeping "the original movie selection")?
It's all moot now, since I went on to Ripit4me, and then graduated to Vobblanker with Pgcedit which does everything.
Thanks,
dave