DVDStripper IMPORTANT READ FIRST FAQ/Key Requests/Hints/Fixes/Errors/Subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVDStripper IMPORTANT READ FIRST FAQ/Key.Requests/Hints/Fixes/Errors/Subscription

Hi all

Please do not send emails asking for help as I will just ignore them completely. This is what the forum should be used for as then others can also help too

can I please ask all users to FULLY READ this thread first before posting in the forum

Please remember if anyone names or even hints anything that is considered to be copyrighted then we cannot offer support regarding CSS protected/copyrighted material even if it's legal in your country and posts may be edited/locked/deleted.

we hope you have read and fully understand the disclaimer in the email and on the website. This includes the mentioning of things such as FBI warnings as they are there for a reason

It is also assumed that because we use DVDDecrypter as the ripper that it is not being used to decrypt the DVD but only make the DVD into an acceptable format so that DVDStripper can work with it

Subscribe to this thread to get an email notification if anything is added. This will include release news etc (it's at the bottom left of thread page)

I will add any info/news/hints/fixes/errors to this thread as soon as I can so all the information will be in one place. Just click on the links below to go direct to the post

click the links to get to the posts with the answers within this thread

FAQ:
I haven't received my program/key/update (or other email issues)
What if my ID changes for some reason?/I have lost my original key
Where do I get Ifoedit or DVDDecrypter from?

Hints:
Using Menuedit within DVDStripper
Recommended folder location setup
Removing Menu items Do's & Don'ts
Flash Guide for using the Title Selection screen
What if it contains linked Cells?

Fixes:
Missing files when first starting DVDStripper

Errors:
Closing the Preview player

If you still get an error, please supply the following information when posting

1. DVDStripper/Ifoedit/DVDDecrypter version Numbers
2. Operating System
3. Full Description of error (attach Printscreen snapshots if possible)
4. Exactly when the error occurred
5. File source (DVD or Image)
6. You are using the above programs with installed VB RT files

Attachments

Missing files when first starting DVDStripper

you can either download the VB Run-Time files HERE or click the link belowto download the missing files

Comdlg32.ocx
Mscomctl.ocx

you may have to register the file if DVDStripper still does not start, so click START then RUN to open the RUN window

enter the following for each file (Make sure you have the correct drive which is C:\ in this example)
Regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx
Regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx

if you do it correctly it should display a window saying something like

DllregisterServer in :\windows\system32\Comdlg32.ocx succeeded.

if you are replacing the files as yours don't work, make sure you remove the old files as they may be in the C:\windows\system\ but you want the new ones in the system32 folder (I'm not sure if the location matters but do it anyway)

Recommended location of folders

Always use a backup folder and have it ticked even if you don't think you will need it as you never know if you will

If you have more than one physical Hard Drive then it is best you use both drives for your folder setup as this will speed up all the processing

put your Temporary and Backup folders on HD 1 which contains your Operating System if you only have 2 Hard Drives and put your Destination on Hard Drive 2

Always keep the Temporary and Backup folders in the same partition even if you have split partitions on one physical Hard Drive

Removing Menu items

when you remove a menu item make sure it requires no user input at all at any stage of watching the DVD

things such as language or display format selections SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED and especially if these are required to get the main menu or also start the movie. You can only remove these if you modify the IFO's to compensate

remove these and the DVD will just hang when it reaches this screen, showing nothing but a black screen as it will be waiting for input :(

This will also happen if you select a removed sub menu but pressing the MENU/TITLE control will normally get you to the menu again

the best option in this situation is to use MenuEdit to disable any buttons that lead to the removed menu's

most sub-menu's are stills and if you choose not to use the highly recommended MenuEdit to remove button then it's better you leave them intact

BE VERY CAREFUL removing any menu items and fully understand the consequences. If you do not then leave it in if you do not know what effect it may have on the final outcome. It's best to test the output is working correctly before you burn or delete the files on your HD

take care :)

I've attached a simple Flash guide that shows how easy it is to chop the end credits along with 2 unwanted titles using the Title Selection screen

or you can view it online HERE

this would take someone who is comfortable with DS less than 2 minutes to setup. How long would it take to do it manually? It would even take me, an Ifoedit veteran, around 30 mins or so to get something similar using traditional methods. It's not easy to chop credits from 4 espisodes within a Titleset. A newbie would take hours to get the same result and if at all, as it would probably involve a reading a lot of guides and maybe even result in a coaster if it was the 1st attempt

now newbies can get faster, better results quicker than the Pro's with a lot less effort!

so how much do you value an hour of your time?

another hint within the Title selector is that you can use the direction keys when using the VTS to select Titles/Chapters/Cells. To select/deselect whichever Title/Chapter/Cell is highlighted just press SPACE to toggle the highlighted selection. The only thing it doesn't do is allow you to play the cell but I've already added it to the list

Attachments

It has been noticed that the warning asking the user to close the player before clicking process is missing from the 0.1.2 htm guide. The guide is now updated above and in the email

Make sure all Preview players are closed before clicking Process, this includes Menuedit

Key Requests

If people require a replacement key for any reason then please include the following :). If you send just a name and ID then it will just be ignored so please do not waste ours and your time :)

make sure you send your request to the registration request email which is DSreg (click HERE to create email)

Please DO NOT SEND just a name and ID as this will be ignored :(

new/current username
new ID and old ID if possible
payment name and email
short description why the key is needed
old reg file if possible, though it's not a necessity it will make things faster

I know it's an inconvenience but a few seconds of your time will save a lot more time for me. At the minute I still get new ID's requests with no info to identify who it's from :(. As it's not automated, it takes time to find out who the email is from as some have been from people who do not even own a copy of DS. Some people use a different email to the payment name/email and this is why I also ask for the payment info. If it's the same name/email just say so :)

apologies for any inconvenience but it will make the whole process easier and faster. Hopefully most will be dealt with in a very short time but I ask that you wait 24 hours before requesting again but that hopefully won't be neccessary :)

cheers

Please understand that even emails do go missing time to time

A recent example is that my ISP had a specific email server that had issues and it looks like emails that were sent or received at that time, did not get to the destination, some that were recovered have been arriving days late

instead of sending a frustrated email asking why you are missing something, I ask you to send a simple reminder email (not PM) saying your missing something and give a little info. Write it as you would like to receive it :)

please allow 24 hours before sending this reminder as the email process is not yet automated or the email simply may not have arrived yet. If I am aware of any longer delays out of my control then I will post in this thread (as I have before elsewhere in the forum) and that's why I ask people visit and subscribe to this thread to keep updated. Most should be dealt with within a reasonable time

I do hope you understand that sometimes circumstances are beyond my control ;)

A linked cell means that it will also be played by another PGC. VTS-Video Title Sets are made up of PGC's-ProGram Chains. More than one PGC can call upon a cell within the VTS, so if you remove a cell from one PGC it will affect another PGC as it will also be removed from that PGC

If you click VIEW then EXPAND you can view all Titles expanded and see if there are the linked cells by using the scroll bar

click the VIEW again to put them back in order of Titles by choosing the ROOT option

if it contains linked cells anywhere then it's my recommendation to untick all the Titles by clicking the very top box. You can then ADD the Titles you want to keep and this will ensure that only the cells required for that Title are kept. Any linked cells that don't need to be kept will be removed automatically. Basically you are working backwards and adding the stuff you want to keep but this will ensure everything that needs to be kept is kept ;)

If you try to remove the Titles you don't want after selecting Titles to keep then the linked cells will be removed from your Titles you want to keep :(

another hint is that you can use the direction keys when using the VTS to select Titles/Chapters/Cells. To select/deselect whichever Title/Chapter/Cell is highlighted just press SPACE to toggle the highlighted selection. The only thing it doesn't do is allow you to play the cell but I've already added it to the list

in time the Title selector will be hopefully modified to make it easy for the user to selectively keep what the want in the easiest possible way but I'm sure you guys will soon learn how to do it to suit your needs as this is still a relatively new feature

Status
Not open for further replies.