DVDStripper 0.2.0 Final is now released

DVDStripper version 0.2.0 is now Final

If you have previously registered for updates then you should be receiving an update email very soon. Please give it an hour or so before sending a reminder

If you have not previously registered for updates then please include your payment email address and payment name when requesting Version 0.2.0. Use the Contact option in the Help dropdown menu. You can click HERE to create an email
Please note AOL may block some emails for a stupid spamming reason so please use another Non-AOL email if possible

cheers
MXTMG

The biggest addition in 0.2.0 is the Video Title Selector option and hopefully makes the stripping process a lot easier now :)

the 1st pic below (Legend isn't on the selector) shows Strip mode on an episode DVD that has the credits cut from each episode. It will automatically update the Items listing to match your selections in the VTS selector

The 2nd pic below is using Split mode shows how it can split the DVD but you can keep anything you want on both DVD's. It has episodes 1 & 2 on disc 1 and 3 & 4 on Disc 2. They also have all the end credits cut from each episode. The menu's for each disc are modified also so that only the menu's relevant to each episode are put on each DVD

The final pic below shows title selector and it now has a Legend. This will show any linked cells within the Titles, so you can see how removing a Title will affect other Titles. NOTE: If you have linked Titles and wish to remove one, just untick all the linked Titles and tick the title you want to keep. This will ensure only the relevant cells are kept. If you just remove a linked Title straight away, it will also remove the linked cells in any other Title and therefore will affect that title's playback

History: V 0.2.0 Adding some comfort
ADDED

VTS Selector to Tools Menu, now you can easily select your items by their relation to the Titles

Code to address the issue of showing blank screens, when removing items, for several seconds to minutes

Viewer menu to main window. This enables you to select different viewers for Play and Menu Item playback on the fly. So you can have different viewers for each item type or switch it when needed without changing the options

Several additional security check to avoid false input (and I'd bet there are still holes)

Automatically Undo after processing to the options, this will automatically trigger an undo after the disc has been processed. Ensuring you will be able to rework the project if something went wrong.

Always on top is now disabled whenever another dialog from DVDStripper is to be shown. This should avoid conflicts that were caused by the other window not being accessible as it was covered by the main window

Better handling for the timemap issue

Two Mode options, Disc Stripping or Disc Splitting

Disk Splitting mode option added. This will enable you to easily split a DVD onto 2 discs. Simply click one of the 4 buttons to select where you want each to be. A Disc 1 & Disc 2 Folder will be generated in your destination, with the usual structure

CHANGED

Again, some of the remote control code, still aiming at getting it stable for everyone

Some of the internal management code, to prepare for future features

The way the undo feature works, should now be more fail safe

REMOVED

Auto Undo on exit

FIXED

Missing destination filepath for some WIN98 & WINME systems

NOTE

The blank screens will not disappear for any menus that require user input, to be on the safe side leave those intact for now or make sure you are aware that they have been removed

Sometimes more than one Title links the same cells, so when removing cells in one title make sure it doesn’t effect another title you want to keep! It's best to work backwards and add the titles you want

Be careful what you keep on each disc regarding menus, since this might render a disc useless if essential parts are missing. Its strongly advised to pre check a disc with you software player before burning. Also some features are only available in split mode at the moment, this might be changed in later versions, but not promising anything here

Great work,guys! :D
I still have to learn to fully master the proggy's settings,but I'm getting fine results with 1.1 and some basic settings.....seems that version 2 will be even more fun.. :D

Dav88 said:
I have not gotten an e-mail yet either.
sorry about the delay guys got called away for personal reasons

hopefully you should have them :)

if anyone else is missing DS 020 then feel free to say as I know a few are and I'm on it now

I also wish to add my congrats!

Having never becoming competent with Ifoedit yet wishing for the ability to use it, this has saved me 10's to 100's of hours on a learning curve that I couldn't see the end to. This totally justifies my early contribution and the faith in MX,not knowing at that time that TMG was in any way involved.

A BIG thanks to MXTMG
HR

Thanks Guys :D

I know there are a lot of free methods, I used them myself and wrote the guides to help others to speed up the learning process. I can do it with my eyes closed manually using free manual methods but how much is an hour of your free leisure time worth?

StanHere

Good News Today....!!!! MackemX & THG

Please Take a Breath or 2 and then continue improving this fabulous tool.

""A Great Suite, that's really sweet & really fast - DVDStripper / DVDShrink / MenuEdit""

ps - Where is Arianos? Why hasn't he posted here yet? :), ;-)

I have tried emailing various addresses (inc one MackemX sent me 2) and over week later still patiently waiting for my 0.2.0 Final... :(

How long is normal now for releases to be sent?

Methanoid said:
I have tried emailing various addresses (inc one MackemX sent me 2) and over week later still patiently waiting for my 0.2.0 Final... :(

How long is normal now for releases to be sent?

Always been very quick for me, but who knows? he could be out of town or on holiday. Try sending him a pm

G'luck
HR

Edited to add;
Checking on other forums that he helps out on, I haven't seen any posts from him since the 22nd. Hope he's having fun

Last edited:
Tried emailing, tried to PM (but s/w wont let me!!!)

He is back (posted yetserday). Fed up emailing cos typing with broken arm no fun! :mad:

hmmmm, I think I lost subscription to this thread when I split it

I have sent it again anyway, let me know when you get it

I haven't received any emails apart from the one email I got from you last week asking for update though, which I asked you to send in my PM

it tells you in the FAQ HERE how long I ask people to wait and that's 24 hours before you start reminding me :)

this is not at you Methanoid at all as you have reason to ask where your program is as it's obvious something is up ;), but I just wish most people would actually read the sticky HERE as it would save me over half the time of answering PM's/Emails etc :(

I state it in the emails, check the FAQ and give a link to it also, and the same when I ask for info in the emails asking for keys/updates. If it wasn't for people asking for programs/keys/updates who don't even bought a copy of DS then I wouldn't bother but due to this I have to inconvenience you guys

a few secs typing for you saves me minutes searching for validation everytime I get a request and even more when I cannot trace whoever is asking :(

I hope you understand :)

cheers