DVDStripper 0.2.0 Beta here, if DS owners want to try it

Hi all

DVDStripper has a new Beta version 0.2.0 and has had some basic testing but a lot has changed regarding options and layout. Rather than make people wait we have decided to release it as a Beta for registered users so that it will be fully tested on a lot more systems so that any bugs will appear quicker

It is up to you to ask for the Beta and please understand and accept that this is a Beta and may have some unknown issues. It is not the final release of version 0.2.0 and version 0.1.1 is still the 'Official' version which will be sent to new users, who may apply for version 0.2.0 if they want

if you would like a copy of the Beta then just use the Contact option in the Help dropdown menu in DS 0.1.1 or click HERE to generate an email.

If you have previously registered then you should have received an update email by now (please make sure you fully read it). If you have not previously registered for updates then please include your payment email address and payment name
(Please note AOL is blocking some emails for a stupid spamming reason)

if you do come across any issues then please post them in this thread as soon as you can with as full a description you can give and they will be looked into ASAP. Remember we cannot offer support for copyrighted DVD's

cheers
MXTMG

this 1st pic below shows Strip mode on an episode DVD that has the credits cut from each episode. It will automatically update the Items listing to match your selections in the VTS selector. The 2nd pic is using Split mode shows how it can split the DVD but you can keep anything you want on both DVD's. It has episodes 1 & 2 on disc 1 and 3 & 4 on Disc 2. They also have all the end credits cut from each episode. The menu's for each disc are modified also so that only the menu's relevant to each episode are put on each DVD

some of the changes in 0.2.0 Beta 1

DVDStripper History:

a - added
f - fixed
r - removed
c - changed
n - note

V0.2.0 Adding some comfort

a - VTS Selector to Tools Menu, now you can easily select your items by their
relation to the Titles

n - Sometimes more than one Title links the same cells, so when removing cells
in one title make sure it doesnt effect another title you want to keep!
It's best to work backwards and add the titles you want

a - Code to address the issue of showing blank screens, when removing items,
for several seconds to minutes

n - The blank screens will not disappear for any menus that require user input,
to be on the safe side leave those intact for now or make sure you are aware
that they have been removed

a - Viewer menu to main window. This enables you to select different viewers
for Play and Menu Item playback on the fly. So you can have different viewers
for each item type or switch it when needed without changing the options

a - Several additional security check to avoid false input

a - Disk Splitting mode option added. This will enable you to easily split a dvd
onto 2 discs. Simple click one of the 4 buttons to select where you want each
to be. A Disc 1 & Disc 2 Folder will be generated in your destination, with the
usual structure

n - Be careful what you keep on each disc regarding menus, since this might
render a disc useless if essential parts are missing. Its strongly
advised to precheck a disc with you software player before burning
Also some features are only available in split mode at the moment, this
might be changed in later versions, but not promising anything here

c - Again, some of the remote control code, still aiming at getting it stable
for everyone

c - Some of the internal management code, to prepare for future features

c - The way the undo feature works, should now be more fail safe

StanHere

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to acknowledge MackemX.

Just received email notification 're this release this afternoon and within "minutes" of responding to the invitation to try it out, I was sent a response with the 'beta' file attached.

Translated, MackemX's program sure works for me, as does his ongoing helpfulness and well organized & timely responsiveness.

Sign me, "Evermore Impressed"

@StanHere, we are only trying to do the same as what we expect ourselves and we hope it's enough :)

p.s. don't forget there are 2 of us as The Mad Guy is doing all the hard work behind the scenes programming and that's why you don't see him much as I have him working hard and he's doing great I think ;)

AtaqueEG

First impression

Just introduced the new beta to "Finding Nemo" a while back.
They are getting along pretty well :p

MackemX said:
@StanHere, we are only trying to do the same as what we expect ourselves and we hope it's enough :)

p.s. don't forget there are 2 of us as The Mad Guy is doing all the hard work behind the scenes programming and that's why you don't see him much as I have him working hard and he's doing great I think ;)
For 2 guys you've empressed me, I requested the beta and in less than 5mins it's in my mail. Good work!

ablindog said:
For 2 guys you've empressed me, I requested the beta and in less than 5mins it's in my mail. Good work!
lol :), you just caught me at the PC and you included details so it tooks sec to confirm :)

Some have waited longer :(, so I guess it's all the luck of the draw but we are going as fast as we can

we hope you like playing with the Beta ;)