DVDRW IDE1004 Doesn't Work

Charlie Essex

Somebody Please Help!!!
I recently bought a DVD writer from www.ebuyer.co.uk and it does not read/write DVDs or CDs. Is there anyway I could have set this up wrong or is it definately broken?
It is recognised by Windows XP and in My Computer it has the 'DVD-R Drive' but it just doesn't read or write. Thanks in Advance!

Charlie Essex said:
Somebody Please Help!!!
I recently bought a DVD writer from www.ebuyer.co.uk and it does not read/write DVDs or CDs. Is there anyway I could have set this up wrong or is it definately broken?
It is recognised by Windows XP and in My Computer it has the 'DVD-R Drive' but it just doesn't read or write. Thanks in Advance!
Welcome. Start with this Tips for beginners to CDR burning. Other that we will need some more infor to help you.
OS?
Burning Software?
Drives and how they are installed?
So I say read a little then if you still need help post back with some infor so we can help you.:cool:

Charlie Essex

Sorry, I was half asleep.

Sorry, I tried Alcohol 120% and Nero. Neither work. When I insert a CD and go to open it Windows comes up with an I/O Error. The drive is a Primary Slave with another burner on as Secondary Slave. Tried taking Secondary slave out and still no luck.

Using Windows XP, thanks for the help!