dvdr backup method here

i've read all the dvdr post hear with interest,i was burning sum v expensive coasters..i've managed to get a movie to work by ripping to the hdd with smartripper 2.41 then renaming the folder to VIDEO_TS all in capitals,then burn with prassi 2.0 file>new job>
data disc..selct recorder in top left hand box,the i drag the file/files i need,making sure the path is rite i.e. \VIDEO_TS\*.* and not c:\windows\desktop\VIDEO_TS\*.* or the disc is a coaster {believe me} to get this rite just double click on the file name and edit it in the destination box then click ok. put the disc name in volume label like "FREDDY_GOT_FINGERED" i left the speed at max but as i use princo or mirror this will be 1x,i found pioneer discs and verbs did'nt read well in stand alone players.
i'm using windows m.e. pioneer A03 no DMA ,FW1.68,rpc1,athlon 1.6 gig,40 gig hdd,the resulting disc botted in my pc,ps2 and stand alone player a cyberhome, hope this will help sum1,gonna try the seting for nero next,sirusthevirus.

E

elpresidente

hmm..what kind of move was it ? doesn´t happen very often that a movie came on Single Layer disc ...
most time u can´t just rip ´n burn ....

I had only 2 Pioneer discs..they worked very good... but 2 expensive.... now I´m using no name and sometimes APPLE brand DVD-R (work 2x) :)

greetz

only single layer

the movie was only 4.3 gigs,i will give the apple media a try but i'm told there mand by verb.and it take almost as long at 2x on my pc but i'm told this would be better in X.P. as i'm using M.E.
have you any idea what the virtual/physical partition does in nero 5578 i've tried both and virtual boots in ps2/pc ok but not yet tried in dvd stand alone.i've also found to boot in ps2 chipped with neo 2.2 and AR2 2.0 if i select region of the original disc the press R1 and O just as the draw closes it boots fine but not had any luck bacink up a ps2 game yet but i've only tried 2 and i think it may be the boot methed i used,can the AR1.9 boot dvdr games without having to put in an original? thanks

E

elpresidente

yep... that was luck .. :) i had only one DVD 5 .. it was Last Boyscout... if u want to copy films like PEARL HARBOR (really big :) ) u need to transcode it and strip bonus material + Audio ...

hmm it takes at 2x as long as 1x ? maybe the type of DVDr isn´t supported for 2x @ A03 .. sometimes you are able to select 2x in your burning software..but A03 only burns @ 1x ...

I tried only physical partion ..(i will give it a try on a -RW) it works good in standalone players... UDF 1.02 is the best file system for it.. cause it boots faster than 1.50 and 2.01....and works nearly on all standalone players ... 1.50 and 2.01 don´t

with PS2 ...hmm ..sorry I´m not experienced with DVD-r vs. PS2 .. just start a new THREAD in this forum and ask for it ... there r some members who can help

greetz