DVD2SVCD DTS Question

I ripped a DVD with Decrypter (in ifo mode) which was encoded with DTS to my hard drive and chose DTS Audio for the selected audiotrack in DVD2SVCD.

But when i went to author it with DVD Maestro, i couldn't find the audio file
for DTS. All there was, was the extracted audio files.ac3 - which i have used in the past for the usual 5.1 sound. But this time i wanted 5.1 with DTS.

How can this be done or how do i recogise the DTS files.

Thanks

do you have dvd2svcd converting the audio?

i have a nagging thought that dvd2svcd has problems handling DTS in some way, but i don't know for sure if i'm correct.

The default audio setting for DVD2SVCD is English and would normally take the first DD tack it finds, you need to manually over ride this selection in the opening Conversion Tab.

I also have no idea id DVD2SVCD can handle a DTS audio track, I have NEVER ever selected one and besides they take up way to much room on the dvdr compared to a std 5.1 AC3 audio track.

But, to get your DTS tack, just run DVD2AVI (its in a sub-folder in your DVD2SVCD folder), Run it & load in the IFO file. In Audio, for Track Number set it to the DTS track (you need to know which one it is), then set Output Method to Demux. Then Save Poject and it will demux your DTS tack for you. Use that in Maestro.

Just remember, the movie with only a DTS audio track is not a fully conforming DVD. Dont expect any audio on playback. An AC3 (or WAV) audio track is expected to be present (or an MP2 for PAL).