DVD2SVCD 1.2.3 Build 1 has been released

Finally, a new version of DVD2SVCD has been released today. Get it from www.dvd2svcd.org

The Change Log is as follows:

20 october 2005 version 1.2.3 build 1
- Added: Now you can also convert AVI with AR of 1:1 (TV caps, DV). It's actually the same resizing algo as in the good ol' days of dvd2svcd 1.2.1 B3.
- Bug fix: Grande bug fixed in AVI to whatever when using the internal routines. If a chunk had a size of 0 it would stop demuxing the rest of the AVI fil leaving the audio incomplete. (Thanks to Nick and manolito)
- Fix: IMDB query is now working again
- Enhancement: All DVD2AVI and MPEG2DecXX.dll support has been removed. Only Donald Graft's DGMPGDec is supported (it is based on dvd2avi, but Donald has made tremendous improvements on it)
- Enhancement: Support for latest QuEnc, including special Matrix files
- Change: If you've selected DVD output and No Images, the files are muxed with MPlex instead of bbMPEG
- Enhancement: The programs in the Finalize tab is now changing depending on what output type you select (DVD, SVCD or VCD)
- Bug fix: The AC3 bitrate in an AVI was not taken into account when "No Audio Conversion" was selected.
- Fix: If you're trying to convert joined AVI files with an AC3 stream the muxer could fail due to a bad frame at the joinpoint. DVD2SVCD is now checking the entire AC3 file for bad frames (wrong length frames). This is usually such a few frames that you will not notice any sync problems.
- Bug fix: Extraction of DTS stream 0x8a is now working

Hi :)

Was wondering if this new version will convert AVI/mp3 audio to ac3 ? I'm currently using a version which doesn't, instead my outputs are mp2 & wav.
I'd rather work with an AC3 for all round compatibility, and using ac3 Delay Corrector if there are any sync issues.

Thanxxx
M

Nope, it doesnt.
You could demux or extract the audio with virtualdubmod and convert it to ac3 then mux back with the ac3. In dvd2svcd, check "dont convert audio" to keep the ac3. Or convert after conversion, i usually do the latter :)

If the avi doesnt contain AC3 audio, I tend to extract the audio with VirtualDUBMod (leave it open), load the audio into Goldwave, normalize, re-sample to 48000 if needed and save as WAV. Then use ffMPEG GUI to convert to AC3, then merge back intoi AVI with VDMod removing the origianl audio and save out a new avi. That way D2S doesnt do any audio converting and can use the inbuilt DVDAuthor to author it as well.

If your converting TV episodes to fit many to a dvd, then I have a patch that will convert audio to AC3 within D2S automatically, PM me your email addy if interested :)

That's a shame! I like the convenience of the built-in authoring, so when you get up in the morning after a night of encoding, you have a finished film ready for burning to DVD. But as for the mp3 audio - extracting the audio, converting to AC3 and then reauthoring, takes the convenience out of it.

Still my first choice though when it comes to AVI\AC3 to DVD and DVD to DVD.

Thanxxx
M

Works a treat! :D :D

Converted mp3 to ac3 with no problem and was in perfect sync to boot!
The option to downsize the 5.1 bitrate too is very handy.

Thanx for the link CM....you've made me very happy!
And of course a XXX to bionic for offering your help.

CM, a couple of other things (I don't believe in asking for a lot), firstly you mentioned normalising audio with goldwav. And secondly, converting TV episodes of which I havent tried but would like to.
As these are not related to this thread, I'll repost my questions.

XXX
M

I don't know if it's because of the added AC3 pluggin, but my last 3 encodes have no chapter points? My chapters are set to 300sec.

Have you tried the pluggin CM?

Yes I have tried it and for convertying an avi to a full dvd I've also found I get no chapter points :(

Try this older one, cant remember if you get chapter points but works differently.

Attachments

Then do as I do, though its not automated. Just dont make any Images (and DVDAuthor is slow darn slow) and author the resultant files (even the AC3 audio made ny one of the BAT files) in TMPGEnc DVD Author. It authors so simply in 1/3 the time of DVDAuthor.

Indeed and if you want to batch encode audio to ac3 then tmpgenc ac3 player(part of the ac3 plugin) can do that for you(only 2 ch though) :)

Last edited:
Thanx for your help guys....

Already re-authoring with DVD Maestro, but it does take a fair while to do. Not really tried TMPGenc, I'll give it a go to see if it's any quicker.

XXX
M