dvd2dvdr better?

is dvd2dvdr better for quality,im not worried about time just quality
or would ic7 be better??is cce that much better thanic7?
With dvdxcopy express how do you set the audio channels or the subs, they seem to do it auto??i would want DTS over DD and want all subs, or is this why you dont bother with dvdxcopy express?

Lots of questions & my answer is that best is relative <> different people different views <> try em youself & make your own mind up

onlinejames said:
is dvd2dvdr better for quality,im not worried about time just quality
or would ic7 be better??is cce that much better thanic7?
With dvdxcopy express how do you set the audio channels or the subs, they seem to do it auto??i would want DTS over DD and want all subs, or is this why you dont bother with dvdxcopy express?
cce should be the way for quality...For a sound,most of home standalone decoders(or home theaters systems)are compatible with dd then dts(of course there is also systems which support both)......Qualkity is superb for both,but dts will take a lots of space more then dd....

onlinejames said:
how long would cce take against the others
It all depends on your CPU speed, etc. For a movie that IC7 takes 2hr to encode, takes just under 3hr if you follow the Tute as above. Thats on my AMD 2600

With any half decent setup, you should expect at least real time encoding speed. Although if you are doing 3 passes, then that is 1/3 real time.

Also with CCE you would be using AVISynth, so you have the option, to filter the source if you want, deinterlacing, denoising, colour/luminance correction, etc. Doing so will of course slow down your encoding times. Although you could use something like undot with a minimal impact.

Master

Gold Member
I am a fan of dvd2dvd-r (with cce2.5) and i didn´t have probs with it.

As Cm told you it is similar to dvd2svcd but it is easier to use.

And when we are talking about quality then it´s the 100% tool.