DVD to VCD to burn it in a matter of 20 to 50 minutes

WinCopyDVD

Rapid copying of a DVD to VCD is possible through ZJMedia's three patented technologies: Singlepass, DirectEncode, and Blockzom. WinCopyDVD is the only software that can copy a DVD to VCD in half an hour. Any other software package will take three to six hours to do the same job which means WinCopyDVD will save you precious time.

Excellent image quality is possible through the patented Higno image quality technology. With the supported dolby surround technology the audio quality is as good as the original DVD. WinCopyDVD will allow you to enjoy DVD quality audio and video on your VCD.

The OnepassBurn technology will allow you to burn a VCD from your DVD with minimum usage of temporary hard drive space. Almost all home DVD players can play the burned VCD. Of course, your DVD player will also play a VCD you have burned from WinCopyDVD.

An entire DVD can be copied to a VCD through WinCopyDVD's variable encoding technology. The picture and audio quality will barely be affected. The variable encode technology will completely remove mosaic to keep the video quality as high as possible. Almost every single home DVD player (about 99%) can play the variable encoded VCD correctly.

h$$p://www.wincopydvd.com/products/products.htm

Chickenman looks like one for ya to test and give ya verdict on it ..

WinCopyDVD will allow you to enjoy DVD quality audio and video on your VCD.

Now they are obviously lying about that, so that makes me wonder what else of their hype is nothing more than lies.

Thanks and just when I thought I had left VCD behind. :D

So Bones, there is a lot of over the top Hype there, and havent you tested it yet ?

I'll grab it and check it out as soon as I can. But I'm not expecting any great suprises with regards to quality. Thanks for raising it though.

Well just downloaded & installed it. First run it cam up with some gobily goop English message. I click ok and the PC re-booted ! Hmm.. I then ran it the 2nd time, ran okay fine this time. Loaded in the VOB file of a movie (1hr 33min long) I had on my HD. Selected VCD (there is also SVCD and Non-standard VCD options as well) and hit Burn. The Demo will encode 5min of movie only.

It was indicating it was going to take 1hr 14min 5sec to encode. At the 2min 1sec mark it, it poped up the Demo 5min error box and stopped encoding. Their site quote it can convert in under 30 min. I have an AMD 2.6gig and if that takes 1hr 14min for a 93min movie (the average) then I would need a 6.4gig CPU to do it in 30min. Are they invented yet ?

As for picture quality, well as expected, absolute shocking. They say there is no pixelation on their home site, that I found tru but its all out of focus and flowing/moving all the time. Initial into text of the movie was shimmering badly and most was unreadable or difficult to read. Overall, the picture quality was by far worse than the Nero VCD pluggin and similar to Dup-dvd crap.

I've un-installed it.

hehe that wat I thought there full of crap .. why I neva wasted my BW downloading it ...plus I don't bother with (s)vcd no more....hoping it was gonna be good .. so I could told few m8's still do (s)vcd.... thx for that chickenman ..