DVD STANDALONE PLAYERS vs. DVD-R/RW

E

elpresidente

Let´s put experiences together ...

Standalone Players working with DVD-r/RW media....

SAMSUNG 709....... Works with pioneer DVD-R / 1x speed
Samsung 909 ....... Works with pioneer DVD-R/RW 1x speed
SONY DVP 300 NS...... Works with NONAME DVD-R + Brand DVD-R
+ JVC-RW /1x+ 2x Speed
SChAUB-LORENZ SL4000 .... wORKS with NONAME + BRAND DVD-R
1x +2x speed

post your test results ....

greetz

the Aiwa XD-DV170 (asian model) works with the pirated DVDs I can get here (I assume they are DVD-R/RW media).
However it has problems with VCDs lol, but I think something wrong with lazer so I braught it in for fixing.
Just out of curiosity, since pioneer makes DVD-R/RW media, wouldn't their DVD players play them also? I'm pretty sure at least a few models would (bk535).
You can probably also get some good info at h**p://www.audioreview.com . They have a good review board where people give out their experiences of what they liked & didn't from a player.

Last edited:
E

elpresidente

there r is also help avaiable @ w*w.vcdhelp.com ... but there r often false statements about players...

greetz

E

elpresidente

TESTED ANOTHER PLAYER :)

PIONEER 535 .... able to read DVD-R Brand and Noname DVDr

greetz

yup that pioneer 535 is a good one (here in asia it goes by bk535 or dv-535k).
Tested 2 more today:
Pioneer DV-233 & Pioneer DVR-2000 <--- this model is also supposed to read DVD-RW discs, but store didn't have one of the types of discs to test.

PS
I know this thread is for listing DVD players that work, but I think one of the moderators should make a sticky thread that just has an ordered list of players that work well with DVD/DVD-R/DVD-RW/VCD/SVCD/MP3 & updated from time to time based on info posted here or elsewhere. That way people don't have to go through all these posts all the time if they only want to know which player plays what. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
E

elpresidente

yeah ... good idea .. i will make a list .. but I´m waiting for some results :) otherwise it would be a very short list ....

greetz

that's alright, it's a start. Then just keep adding to the list as new entries come in.
By the way, the Panasonic portable DVD players DV-(LA/LD) 30/90/95 all play vcd/dvd (original & pirated/DVD-R) discs.

E

elpresidente

DVD Players list

Excel list of dvd standalone players and their abilities

thanx 2 shadoe

greetz

Attachments

Good one guys, keep up the good work.

Suggestion, make another post with the new list in it and make it a Sticky so its at the top all the time.

Also can you make the list as a ZIP file, Netscape users have download probs with RAR files.

Cheers.

re :dvd player stand alone

i bought a DECCAVIDEO dvd player from my local pc show ,it cost me £150 and it will play everything inc non branded dvd-r`s ,vcd`s .its also multiregion with the macro disabled through the hardware ,this machine is as standard you can enable and disable what ever through the menu...

Last edited:
E

elpresidente

k ... i don´t think that it is very cheap for a brand I don´t know ...
I will buy a Sony DVP NS 300 for 99€ tomorrow ... that´s really cheap .... and Sony is a brand everybody knows ... :)
So check this offer ...
If u buy it .. just send product name + brand and its abilities thx ...

greetz

dvd stand alone

i have a smart2000 dvd multi region no macro ,but it won't play dvdr or r/w which is strange as the box it came in says it will?
the web address is smartproducts.co.uk but there gone and know one seems to know much about this player.

E

elpresidente

Re: DVD

joripe said:
I Have Reports That Some Toshiba DVD Will Not Play Any Type Of Copy CD Dont Know which Model So Be Careful If U Want A Toshiba:eek:
yep ...thats right ... the best way is to burn a DVD-R and test it in standalone players before buying them :)

greetz

The Dansai 852 and the Dansai 1010 both ok with dvd-r discs.
just use good media like APPLE dvd-r discs.

Buy the way, these babys r for sale in Tescos in the UK for £85.

They play DVD/DVD-R/DVD-RW/CD-R/S-VCD/VCD/MP3/and loads
more.

even if u put just an mpeg file on a disc u can play it...

best buy of the year so far for me.

E

elpresidente

thx for info ... add it to list ...

Yep I know this sort of players ... they play every disc ...
and they r very cheap ... austria --> 145 € Schaub Lorenz .. same abilities

greetz

tested another pioneer recently. 533
It works just as well as the 535 (only can also play mp3s).
I might buy this unit lol, as it is also a lot slimmer than the 535.

E

elpresidente

yep ... I know ... saw today 444 I think ... also a very slim model .. :)

will add it to the list ...

thx

greetz