DVD Software

Hi
I'm currently using WinDVD 4 as my player software for viewing VCD's and SVCD's. I have experienced problems with some SVCD's playing and others not, even odd discs from the same film not playing whist the others from the same film run fine.
Any suggestions for a more stable player software that i should try? I'm assuming that it is the DVD software at fault here!
If you use different DVD Software to play SVCD's and have no problems then please let me know the name and i can try a demo and if it works then i can purchase the new software.
Thank you in anticipation.
:)

Laz

Yep, I've had the same trouble but only with V4.5. I've found myself that all builds of V4 work fine for me and that the FF/RW functions work much better on VCD's and don't crash the software as 4.5 does for me.

So are you sure it's a "V4" build and not 4.5?

Revert back to V4 if it is m8, I've never found Power DVD to be that stable on Athlon based systems myself but it seems to be OK for Intel.

Laz said:
Yep, I've had the same trouble but only with V4.5. I've found myself that all builds of V4 work fine for me and that the FF/RW functions work much better on VCD's and don't crash the software as 4.5 does for me.

So are you sure it's a "V4" build and not 4.5?

Revert back to V4 if it is m8, I've never found Power DVD to be that stable on Athlon based systems myself but it seems to be OK for Intel.
Just updated to WinDVD 4.5 platinum and i don"t have sound on my self-made VCD and SVCD"s!
Going back to WinDVD 4.05 everything id OK....:confused:

Anyone else noticed that?