DVD Software Question

Does anyone know of any DVD player software that allows you to flip the horizontal so that left becomes right?

I know this seems an odd thing to want to do but I have a golf mate that is left handed and I want to be able to show him a DVD of right handed player but make him appear to be left handed to highlight the differences :)

TIA for any help.

Oldy

Hmmm, carry a mirror around with me - not over keen on that CM ;)

Celtic Druid - not sure I understand what you mean?

I've used VirtualDub Mod to flip hoirzontal in the past but was hoping to avoid re-enocding the DVD and simply play it via DVD software that could autoflip the output.

Thanks for any help,

Oldy

interesting thang that oldie !? :)

never thought of anything like that but hey maby be of use to the rest of the devil handed people out there :)

lefties are sposed to be spawn of the devil !?

never did JIMMY HENDRIX any harm it made his music better .... altho the point hes no longer with us may be an issue on the doing any harm factor !? :)

hmmmmmm does that mean yer a leftie then roady !? which hand do u type with lmao @ :p

actually lefties are more popular than you may think :)

in my I.T. learning center where i help out there are at least 4 maby 5 lefties that i have to mess about swapping the mouse config from right to left handed and then back again when they leave as we have many users that come for an hour or so then someone else wants that machine when they have left as they have their favorite system to work on !?

no ideas why as all the systems are identical !?:confused:

lol maby its Feng Shui !? :confused:

or maby the canteen water dispenser or sumthing lmao !? :confused: ?!

:)

I think I read somewhere that statistically left handed people don't live as long.
fliphorizontal() is an AVISynth function that you guessed it flips video horizontally. Can also flip vertically flipvertical().

It is done on the fly and therefor can be used without re-encoding. Guess the easiest way would be to set ffdshow to handle RAW video, then enable AVISynth in it and add fliphorizontal(). Should point out that I have not actually tried it with a DVD. Probably won't work with WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc. but should work fine with mpc, wmp, etc.

Thx Celtic. It works OK if I RIP the VOBs to HDD but doesn't have any effect playing the DVD in either MPC or PowerDVD. :(

Thanks for the suggestion - at least I now know how to use AVISynth which I didn't 2 days ago ;)

Oldy