DVD Shrink Help

maelek

Why does DVD shrink not give me the choice to burn with my DVD+R drive (using Nero)? I have "burn with nero" checked. I recently put in a new dvd dual layer drive and it did this to me but after some time i realized it defaulted to burn to the hard drive; i used the drop down button and sure enough the dvd+r was there to choose from. I chose it and it burned the disc without any problem. Now, it isn't a choice. Is there a different area to force it to see the drive? Or is there a setting in Nero to default it to that drive or something.

this is aggravating me

maelek

could this be a dma problem? i think the drive defaulted to dma on for the new dvd burner i got....i am going to go try and change it (if i can find the setting for it)

I suggest you take a look around the forum. If you look in Members Tuts & Tips you will find your answer under a Sticky by woody. But I think you need to pick your recorder up top in nero under recorder. If you still have a problem post your NEROHistory.log file which you will find in your nero directory. Just leave out your serial number. :eek:

maelek

hmm..ok
that post says that dma should be "on" for dvd burners so i will leave it alone. good thing b/c i still can't find the area that lets you change dma and auto run. when i go to control panel...device manager....drives and pick the dvd burner and do properties...my tabs look nothing like woody's picture. Autorun and DMA are not listed anywhere

however, i can't find where nero lets you specifiy the drive as your burner (newest free download)

maelek said:
when i go to control panel...device manager....drives and pick the dvd burner and do properties...my tabs look nothing like woody's picture.
you shouldn't look in the drive's properties; you have to open the IDE controller properties;

however, i can't find where nero lets you specifiy the drive as your burner (newest free download)
seems your Nero version was limited to your old drive, this is called "bundled version"; you have to pay for using it with all drive brands/types;

Greetings from
Duracell