dvd shrink 3.0 beta 5

wutang4life36

um.....how long does it suppose to take when it is "encoding" a dvd???
cuz man.....today i did a backup...n it took 2hrs 40mins to "encode"!!!!!!
that dont sound right, i thought it would take 40-50 mins...not (2:40)
maybe the settings are wrong, does anyone know?? how long does it take when u guys back up ur dvd to ur hard drive????

thanx!!!

p.s
burning the dvd took 40-50...thats fine with me.

DVDShrink is actually a transcoder not an encoder.

What are the specs of your PC? Because this makes a huge difference.

Anyway, I'm moving this to the DVDShrink forum.

andyhockless221

celtic_druid said:
DVDShrink is actually a transcoder not an encoder.

What are the specs of your PC? Because this makes a huge difference.

Anyway, I'm moving this to the DVDShrink forum.
i run a 2400 processor and it normally takes about 30-50 mins

did you do it direct from the DVD or did you rip it 1st?

On an average PC it shouldn't take that long and processing direct from the DVD shouln't really take longer than 50 minutes even on a 2X rip

if you already rip the DVD then it should take around 15-25 minutes depending on your Hard Drive transfer speeds with an XP2400 (is it AMD?)

how fast can your DVD rip at and is it locked at 2X? Have you tried DVDDecrypter or any other ripper to see what speed you get?. You could flash the firmware and unlock the ripping speed to speed things up

I'm guessing you have a 1X burner or burnt at 1X as it normally takes 50 mins for 4.37Gb. 2X burns take around 25 mins, 4X take 15 mins and 8X take 8 mins

Hi

I e just got the Version 3.0...

All I want to know is can DVD SHRINK v3.0 split movies on 2 DVD Blanks..
Another thing is if for example I dont want the extras how can I tell it to remove/or not to rip them...

HELP

Regards
mojo8850 :p :p

foz

i use ver 1.03 dvd shrink i have never changed to a later verision as this has never failed. use re-author to remove crap first. then use re-encode -customize streams to remove subtitles and any unwanted audio chanels etc and if movie is still to big compress the video. depending how much compresion you enforce depends on the time it takes to copy to HD. i use a sony combi DVD/CDR for ripping & a typical time 12 minutes, writting dvd's a pioneer a06 takes 10-20 minutes.