dvd ripping software

i am new to the dvd ripping advancements and i have no knowledge of how to rip one yet. right now i am searching all over to see which programs can rip dvd to vcds or divXs. i have roxio videopack, but i don't know how to use it, and i also have dvd wizard and it doesn't look to hard to use; however divXs only work on computers. Can anyone tell me what the best program out there is to make VCDs? or can anyone tell me how to make a VCD with roxio's videopack or easy cd creator?

well there feller,i use claddvd v2 to rip the movie and then dvd2avi to frame serve into TMPGEnc .this is a very easy thing to do and once u have done 1 u will almost be an expert.also with TMPGEnc u can also make the movie fit 1 cd if u wanted to,but the quality is worse though.i got my stuff from h**p://www.vcdhelper.com/ so i hope this helps u.and as for burning i use nero.so there u go,3 easy to use programs.

Hi

I just started myself and di my first rip last night.

I got dvd2svcd and tmpgenc 2.53 plus. I also got crack for tpmgenc from cdrsoft.

when you tell dvd2svcd where tmpgenc is on your disc the only other thing you do is go to conversion tab and click on cd icon then click on go rip. Come back a few hours later and then burn the resulting discs. Coyote ugly goes on 2 800mb discs and works fine.

enjoy

Hi there

Hi fiatso
Welcome to the forum.
It feels good to burn a new format for the first time.
I'm going to rip my first dvd later as well.
I'm not a newbie but I still get a buzz from it.

May Chickenman be with me!;) :)

your not wrong m8

I am also getting the pleasure of posting it to the newsgroups but even with adsl sending out is slow.:D

use this

G'day,

open up kazaa and download dvdeo.. unreal program.. 51MB program which does it all DVD to VCD/SVCD/DIVX in 1 step..

E

elpresidente

uahhh ;) please use our search function ... I think there r 1000 posts about dup dvd .. ;)

greetz

dvdeo

Hi have tried using this software dv deo but can not get it to create vcd only avi files.Also does it work in xp. I have tried the download manager to download codecs but get an error message.

Any help would be much appreciated

pietro:confused:

Hi, friends,

My best choice is DVD-Dup, which is one step from the beginning to the end. Simply just one step.

For reference only.

Just use the tuts mate.
Chickenman is god!
Since my post above Ive ripped about 30 dvds to vcd.
The quality is superb(for vcd) and all the software is free.
The tuts are easy to follow and if u have any problems just post in the movies/troubleshooting forum and chickenman or somebody else will sort u out.

:D

If its DVD to DVD then el presidente is your man(greetz lol):p

Dont settle for ok, you only rip once so rip the best!:cool: