DVD-R Playback Issues (Help chicken Man)

andyyamum

Hi, I am having some troubles playing back a DVD-r movie i copied. I followed chicken mans guide for AVI 2 DVD. I Then used Tmpenc to auth and burn. The Movie plays back fine on my PC and it plays fine on my mates PS2. But on my downstairs DVD Player the movie starts up shows the menu and plays but during play every so often it becomes blocky for just a second and sometimes pauses for a milli second. about 8-10 minutes into the film it locks up. The time continues on the DVD player although the film remains frozen. I burnt the dvd at 4x and used Datawrite 4x speed DVD-R media. Any ideas would burning at a lower speed help? I want your expert thoughts before wasting more discs.
Cheers to any one in advance who can help.

my question here is...... ARE THESE datawrites RED label on the disk by anychance !?

they are apparently a bad batch of DATAWRITES :(

my suggestion would be to change media and use RITEKS instead as ive read a lot of people have had lots of problems with the RED DATAWRITES :(

and RITEK are excellent quality :)

andyyamum

Yes they are red

Yes they are red! Thanks alot for the info ill buy a pack of RITEKS and see where that gets me.
Ill use these red labels for data cds only. Shall i stick with -r dvds or are +rs better.?
Thanks in advance

andyyamum

Oh And One more thing

Do you know anywhere where i can buy these RITEKS discs maybe a good internet media site.
Thanks again.
Andy

-r tend to be more compatible with more dvd standalones :)

and they tend to be cheaper than +r media anyhow :)

note these are my observations as i DO NOT own a DVDRW burner i just read a whole heap of posts here and trust the guys who post the answers as RELIABLE with the information they give :)

a good suggestion would be always make a PRACTICE burn with a CDRW/DVDRW disk then at least you can erase and try again untill you get things right :)

You may find the RED datawrites work fine in other DVD standalones too just some are very very picky about the disks they use in particular the DYE used on the disks .... in this case the DYE is poor on the DATAWRITES they burn ok but play back badly on some systems :(

I know for sure they GUYS here use RITEKS with little or no problems :)

as for retailers for the media check the other posts in the dvd sections for more details :)

im sure the other guys reading this can recommend sites/retailers :)

if you want more info just make a post in the Cd/Dvd media area and ask what you need to know :)