dvd playback problems

wutang4life36

what up peeps...

this is kinda wierd...but alot of my dvds that i have burned a while ago..dont seems to play as smoothly as they did b4...

4 example... i burned FROM DUST TILL DAWN,KILL BILL 2 not so long ago..
i even watched them plenty of times....when i watch them now...they seem to freeze,skip,look blocky.
why is this happening?
is it my phillips dvd +r disc?
is it my liteon dvd burner? (maybe dirty)
is it my recordnow dx program?

has this happen to anyone else??

i even burned a movie...on IMATION DVD-R n still froze or skip..during the later parts of the movie.

n thats another thing..its always at the later parts of the movie when it freezes,skips..etc.
always in the middle..

well...any info would be great

oh yeah...dont know if this makes a difference...but i dont use DVD DECRYPTER. could that be it?
i have some movies that play perfect..n i didnt use DECRYPTER.....so what gives?

peace!!!!!

wutang4life36

ok...i kind thought so too....ill go buy some SONY dvd disc...
i cant go wrong wit SONY now can i??

peace!!!!!!1
thanx guys

p.s whats better.....dvd - r or dvd + r?

Neither is better than the other, its just the dye used and the QA system used (if any!) during manufacturing. Remember, Sony dont make their disks and will change suppliers from time to time. Ritek or TY labelled disks are good media.

The Liteon drives (from your other post) generally reward good quality DVD+R media, and they tend to be rather weaker in their -R media results (some, they like).

If your firmware supports bitsetting, then with a Liteon, +R media bitset to DVD-ROM may give the best player compatibility.