DVD Movie Backup Questions

I've read the tutorials on how to backup, but I've got some questions that maybe you can answer...

1) Aren't the majority of movies < 4.7 GB (Taking into account just one soundtrack and one subtitles)?

2) If a movie is > 4.7 GB (again, with just one soundtrack and one subtitles) can't I burn 2 DVDR and change the disc when the first is finished playing (in my computer or stand-alone dvd player)? If so, how can I do that?

2.1) What software (preferably freeware) exists, that allows me to split a movie onto 2 DVD's?

3) I installed AnyDVD (from SlySoft) trial edition, and I'm pretty satisfied with the results. But since DVDDecrypter does (almost?) the same when ripping the DVD, I don't really need AnyDVD, right?

3.1) If I use AnyDVD, I can just copy the contents of the DVD to my drive, right?

Thank you

1) No

2)DVDXcopy I believe
2.1)DVD Shrink (maybe)

3)Never Used Any DVD but decrypter & DVD shrink do a good job
3.1) Ditto

As I posted elsewhere check out the tutes

Fulminant

this is what I use and do.

1st. I have a full DVD movie, lets say a BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE and I have a Pioneer DVD-R writer / burner etc.

I stick the DVD movie into the drive, create 2 folders in C Drive, one just called BFC, and other Bowling For Columbine Special Edition. Then I use a "freeware" software called "DVD Decrypter" and rip all the files from the DVD to the BFC folder. Then I eject the disc and put it back to the box, then I restart my PC. After that I launch another "freeware" program called "DVD Shrink 2.3" and basically "Re-Author" the DVD movie, delete stuff thats not necessary or etc. And usually I use no compression, so on that clean disc 4.7 gb I fitted the whole movie and some extra special featerues on that DVD. Well SINCE the Bowling for Columbine is Special Edition, it came with 2 DVD's. the other was mainly more extra special features, so I just do same thing and thats it. The Final step is I use "CopyToDVD" program, which I got it somewhere, dont know where and dont know if it is for free, but that program is much better then "Burnatonce" which is free, "CopytoDVD" for me is much better since "burnatonce" caused some playing problems with my DVD's when burned. Then I just burn it.

1st. step - GEt and install - "DVD DEcrypter"

2nd step - Get and install - "DVD Shrink 2.3"

3rd final - get and install " COpytoDVD"...ur done.

ok guys just got my dvdxcopy to work rip my 1st movie plays great now i took it back now i want to copy and burn the movie from the dvd i just made to another dvd but it won't read the one i just made what do i need to copy it again thanks :confused: :confused:

gumshoe

Exact filename of Copy2DVD?

I think I might have that Copy2DVD program here somewhere. Do you have the exact filename for it? Eh? :)