DVD Language problems

jakdos

I will probably kick myself when I hear the answer but ....

I got a copy of ***A Movie*** from a m8 and watched it on my set top box. Everything was fine, no probs.

I then tried to copy it last night using DVD Decryptor / Instant Copy 8 which produced me a DVD in german (I think !) using the one click solution. I looked through all the settings and couldn't find anything related to language options so using instant copy settings editor, loaded the recommended settings and tried again - just ripping to HD. This was also in german.

So, I just decided to play the original my m8 gave me and that too plays in german, using both Win Media player and Power DVD. The same problem occurs in both my DVD-R and DVD-RW. The DVD-R is set to region 2 and I've never set the region on the RW. Both these have always worked fine in the past.

Not sure what I could have changed, or where to look. Any pointers would be more than welcome.

Cheers
Jak :confused:

Edited reason:- *** *** think about what you are putting here before posting Jak :mad: it will save me locking/Editing the thread >>>VIPER_1069 <<<< :)

please read the forum rules here thanks >

http://dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=5446

In powerdvd what are your choices when you play the dvd, right click the screen and select audio languages?

PowerDVD will play the first audio track by default. If its german, then you get German. As Blane said, right click and check what audio tracks that are available.