DVD drive which can read dvd-RAM

The Toshiba 1612
The LiteOn ltd-165/166

I thinks the Hitachis as well but it's a long time since I heard anything about them..

Last edited:
well, i read this at dvdrw.com:

DVD Multi: DVD Multi is a logo program that promotes compatibility with DVD-RAM and DVD-RW. It is not a drive, but defines a testing methodology which, when passed, ensures the drive product can in fact read RAM and -RW. It puts the emphasis for compatibility on the reader, not the writer. The read-write specification was introduced in June by the DVD Forum in response to compatibility issues with DVD-RAM. It will be able to read discs written in DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-RW and DVD-R formats. It will be able to write discs in DVD-RAM, DVD-RW and DVD-R formats. So far, no optical drive manufacturer has announced plans to support the specification.

DVD-RAM:
The current installed base of DVD-ROM drives and DVD-Video players cannot read DVD-RAM media.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it will be the toshiba 1612 !

From their site:

All industry standards have been taken into account in the development of the SD-M1612 including: DVD: DVD-ROM (DVD-5, DVD-9,DVD-10, DVD-18), DVD-R Ver 1.0, Ver 2.0 (Read, Single border) DVD-RW (Read Ver 1.1), DVD-RAM (Read Ver 2.1, Ver 1.0). CD: CD-DA, CD+(E)G, CD-MIDI, CD-TEXT, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I, CD-I Bridge (Photo-CD, Video-CD) Multisession CD (Photo-CD, CD-EXTRA, CD-R, CD-RW), CD-R (read), CD-RW (read).